• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Music City Open Presented by Lone Star Disc

Does anyone know what the inside joke is regarding the DGA money laundering commercial that is being aired on the MCO coverage?

Not sure how long you have been watching disc golf, so you may or may not remember, but several years ago there was a PDGA commercial showing various groups of people playing. The DGA ad has the same format and almost all of the same spoken lines as that one. I think it is just a parody of that commercial with the lines you mentioned being used as a comedic twist.

In the original, Paul McBeth had the "For me, it's my job" line, which was filmed at Moraine State Park (and made me want to play there again every time I saw it).

Lots of people have made fun of that commercial in general and the "for me, it's my job" thing in particular over the years. I'm assuming Tyler B was one of them and decided to spend DGA money to share those thoughts with us.

Not sure how long you have been watching disc golf, so you may or may not remember, but several years ago there was a PDGA commercial showing various groups of people playing. The DGA ad has the same format and almost all of the same spoken lines as that one. I think it is just a parody of that commercial with the lines you mentioned being used as a comedic twist.

In the original, Paul McBeth had the "For me, it's my job" line, which was filmed at Moraine State Park (and made me want to play there again every time I saw it).

Lots of people have made fun of that commercial in general and the "for me, it's my job" thing in particular over the years. I'm assuming Tyler B was one of them and decided to spend DGA money to share those thoughts with us.

I remember that commercial. I was specifically asking about Austin and the money laundering part.

I looked in Reddit. Apparently that was part of DGAs April Fool's campaign and they aired it on MCO also.

Yeah, Tyler Brickley has done a spoof of that commercial.

The others featured in the original PDGA ad were playing at beautiful Tyler State Park, about 30-40 minutes north of Philadelphia.

Simon finishes out with 8 birds...that's how you do it.

Although the weather was terrible for the first two rounds and the course was still soaked for the final round, it seems to me that the struggle was overplaying the course. Most holes were such that the players felt they needed to score or they'd lose strokes.

Simon seemed to play a bit more conservative than he has historically when it was only about throwing the OMG shot.

Must feel GREAT for Simon to have that first win with MVP, have that "monkey of his back"

Gotta be pissed he did it from the chase card, missing all of those Jomez views and their disc id graphic.