• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGPT Tour

porkturtle

Par Member
I have not seen anywhere a thread discussing anyone's thoughts on who to watch this year (MPO or FPO). Who will dominate? Who is likely to make a comeback? Who will make a big splash with their new sponsor? Who is going to get their first Elite win? Major win?

I know I have my eye on Matt Orum, Kyle Klein, Ben Calloway, Kevin Jones, and Adam Hammes because this group more or less underwhelmed in 2022 but were eye openers in 2021.

I also have my eye on Alden Harris and Aaron Gossage as I wonder if these young guns can make that next step.

And then of course there's Simon...

Any thoughts?

For MPO I am expecting Eagle to have a good year if he can stay healthy. I know he is shying away from the forehand but he has really opened up some touchier backhand shots in his game and I think he may do well.

I also think some guys like Cory Ellis and Isaac Robinson might continue to surprise some people.

A fresh start with a new team is probably going to have Simon placing consistently high all season as well.

As far as FPO I'm interested in seeing if Ella Hanson dials her game in just a little more and really takes it to the next level.

I'm also curious to see if Paige Shue still has enough game to compete at a high level these days. I think she's getting comfortable with being a mother now and playing for Discraft might be the fresh start she needs to get refocused.

Ricky is gonna win everything. Everything.

That's the season. That's what's gonna happen. You're welcome.

You think I'm joking?

I'm not.

Total payout for MPO is 52.4K at LVC.

Ricky is leaving in the chopper with all of it.

I have not seen anywhere a thread discussing anyone's thoughts on who to watch this year (MPO or FPO). Who will dominate? Who is likely to make a comeback? Who will make a big splash with their new sponsor? Who is going to get their first Elite win? Major win?

I know I have my eye on Matt Orum, Kyle Klein, Ben Calloway, Kevin Jones, and Adam Hammes because this group more or less underwhelmed in 2022 but were eye openers in 2021.

I also have my eye on Alden Harris and Aaron Gossage as I wonder if these young guns can make that next step.

And then of course there's Simon...

Any thoughts?

I'm guessing Prodigy would be quite happy if KJUSA had a strong year, as would I.

Ricky is gonna win everything. Everything.

That's the season. That's what's gonna happen. You're welcome.

You think I'm joking?

I'm not.

Total payout for MPO is 52.4K at LVC.

Ricky is leaving in the chopper with all of it.

Ricky who? Wysocki? Didn't he pull out of the LVC due to Lymes flare-up or injury?

My money is on Heimborg or Eagle for world's this year with Hailey King or Tattar for the repeat.

Some Pro I would like to see on more lead cards
David Wiggins (if he is touring)
Luke Samson (Kasta Masta)
Isaac Robinson (Mailman?)

My money is on Heimborg or Eagle for world's this year with Hailey King or Tattar for the repeat.

Some Pro I would like to see on more lead cards
David Wiggins (if he is touring)
Luke Samson (Kasta Masta)
Isaac Robinson (Mailman?)

Yes! As someone who just recently discovered the greatness of the Kaxe, I would love to see Samson on more featured cards too. Love to see the other disc companies you don't see quite often in the mix.

I'm a big fan of Isaac too- that kid can putt! And who knows, maybe we'll have a Robert Burridge sighting again.

MPO:
Kyle Klein, Niklas Anttila, Joel Freeman, Corey Ellis, and Linus Carlsson have all shown ability to get to lead cards at ES and Majors. They looked pretty solid to end 2022 so hopefully some momentum carries forward to 2023 and nets them wins.

Hard to knock off McBeth/Wysocki from the points totals or Major wins when healthy. McMahon/Dickerson are most likely after them to get a Major win. Lizotte & Heimburg both will need to get past their Major performance woes to join that group.

Worlds final card prediction: McBeth, Wysocki, Dickerson, Anttila

FPO:
I expect Henna Blomroos gets her first ES win. Kat Mersch and Macie Velediaz are both capable of good golf and I expect they will perform well at courses they are returning to this year.

Hopefully we get the full top 10 FPO competing for a large portion of the schedule, uncertain how many will make the trip to Europe.

Worlds final card prediction: Tattar, Blomroos, King, C. Allen

For MPO I am expecting Eagle to have a good year if he can stay healthy. I know he is shying away from the forehand but he has really opened up some touchier backhand shots in his game and I think he may do well.

I also think some guys like Cory Ellis and Isaac Robinson might continue to surprise some people.

A fresh start with a new team is probably going to have Simon placing consistently high all season as well.

As far as FPO I'm interested in seeing if Ella Hanson dials her game in just a little more and really takes it to the next level.

I'm also curious to see if Paige Shue still has enough game to compete at a high level these days. I think she's getting comfortable with being a mother now and playing for Discraft might be the fresh start she needs to get refocused.

Your outlooks mirror mine quite well.

As a Discraft fan, I am always rooting for those on Team Discraft. I am really looking forward to seeing if Paul Mcbeth can grow his legendary status even more. I want to see if guys like Gossage, Ellis, and Barela can get a major win. I am also looking forward to seeing if Paige, Valerie, or Holly can topple Kristen Tattar from her perch as World Champion. Should be an exciting season.

I also want to continue to see the line between the top tier and second tier become blurred, more parity throughout the competition. I don't care to see one or two win each week.

I think this is likely in MPO, but the tier separation is still a thick drawn line in FPO.

Didn't this thread used to be several pages longer?

Did our mere discussion of what was and wasn't being allowed in discussions here get flagged for deletion?

How are we to not continually have that same discussion over and over, causing way more work for greens and the mod team, if we aren't allowed to have it through and leave it in place for other people to refer to? In the absence of a formal declaration from the admins that discussion of transgender inclusion in disc golf will result in comment or thread deletion, we have only each others words to see on the subject.

People who don't know whether or not this forum bans discussion of transgender inclusion in disc golf have no access to the Landfill, so they can't see where you moved it to.

It moved to the landfill, logging in takes 2 seconds to view it.

(Now lurkers know)

Three Putt said:
At Disc Golf Course Review, we value all people that are as passionate about throwing discs as we are. From recreational players to pros, we share the same ecstatic feeling seeing a disc soar and, every once in a while, watching it land exactly where you wanted it to. With the exponential growth of the game in the past couple of years, there are far more of us who are as excited and passionate about the game than there ever has been.

Disc Golf Course Review welcomes all players. We ask for your kindness in helping others who share their love for the game. We celebrate our friends when they get birdies and encourage them when they get bogies. Every throw is a new shot.

Regarding the recent discussions about players who are transgender, we want to make our position quite clear. We support all disc golfers who play in the gender-based divisions they identify with. At this point, we consider the matter closed in our forums.

We are aware that the PDGA is reviewing their policies, and they may make a rule change that does not agree with the values of DGCR. If that does occur, any discussion of the subject must first and foremost be respectful of the transgender community. We will not tolerate speech that is hurtful to our members who are transgender.

If you see comments that are contrary to these values, we ask that you do not engage but report them. We will remove inappropriate comments. Members who cannot stay respectful will no longer be welcome on our forums.

This is the last official statement we have from DGCR on the subject, from the evening of November 22, 2022. It suggests a mindset of allowing discussion, as long as it is respectful. The actions of the new ownership suggest otherwise - so the userbase (far more than just myself at this point) keeps asking what the new rules are on discussing the issue - and nearly exclusively meet with no words, but deletion or landfilling of the comments and posts asking that. This is perfectly understandable, and since there is an obvious change in how comments or posts about the topic are being handled at the admin or moderator level, it is standard policy for an organization that has made such a change to detail the new policy, so that users have a chance at adhering to it.

We cannot follow rules we haven't been told.

Perhaps someone thought that, somewhere, we can actually discuss something else -- perhaps discuss the actual tournaments, the media coverage, the shots made, the venues, the MPO....

Spoiler alert. I am very interested to watch coverage of the final round of the Memorial. Who doesn't want to see a 3 way playoff for first place.