• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3/8/12 HOD Lochness Park DGC, Blaine MN

E_Rock25

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Lochness Park DGC

Rating 3.16

Hole #5
Green: 305 ft Par 4?
Red: 475 ft Par 4
Blue: 600 ft Par 4

This is a fun course... I have played it a bunch of times. This is one of the best holes as well...

Hole Sign...
4d43a3c4.jpg

Blue Tee...
aca7de23.jpg

Red Tee...
ddb259de.jpg

Green Tee...
18cc61d7.jpg

Pin to Pads...
f829c650.jpg

Last edited:
From the Blue Pad: I try to lay one up right next to the water just past the Green pad. Its at least 350ft I throw an Avenger SS on a FH Hyzer Flip, then its a 200ft water carry with a buzzz hope for a three with a wizard. The photos are from the spring and I think the bushes are much biger now. In mid summer you can't even see the pin from the Green Pad. The bushes are at least 8ft tall so you have to get over them to have a putt.

From the Red Tee: This is a hard shot for me as a FH player. I don't have the D to go for the green over the water so I throw a Buzzz just past the Green Tee close to the water and then throw the Buzzz over and hope for a putt with a Wizard.

From the Green Tee: I go for the green for sure with a FH 11x Gazelle. I have hit the basket before but like I said above in mid summer it is a blind basket. Wizard for the two....

Hey, my local 9 hole! The pics show the hole while it's super flooded. The bushes in front of the basket are much bigger/thicker now so you have a tricky semi-blind approach shot.

I just lay up in front of the green tee with a Pred when it's flooded like that, then spike the Pred next to the basket from 250'-300' out and move on!

Usually just lay up from the Red as well when it's flooded like this.

From red and blue probably just going to lay up near the green tee with an eagle. Then roc on approach and hopefully have a shot at a 3.

blue: probably lay up a buzzz near the green and then across the water with a buzzz.

red: pro destroyer and hope i can get ahold of it enough to get there.

green: buzzz right at it.

Blue: Firebird FH -> Buzzz BH -> Rhyno BH -> Tap in for the 4.
Red: Buzzz BH -> Rhyno BH -> Tap in for 3.
Green: Whippet BH Spike -> Rhyno BH -> Tap in for 3.

Other than the FH drive from blue, I do not intend on crossing any water.

The water on this hole is like a puddle, but it makes it look cool and play much harder. Sometimes the water in front of the basket is all but dried up. Retrieving discs that go into the water past the green tee is very easy.

The long rough/bushes that completely lines the hole is where you're likely to lose a disc, and makes for an extremely tough up shot because it's taller than you are now. The bushes in front of the basket make it so you really want to approach with a spike hyzer or else you'll fly way past the basket if you throw a flat shot with enough height to clear the brush.

Blue: Champion Teebird
Red: QJLS - Try to land on strip of fairway to left of water. KC Pro Roc from there.
Green: Star Leopard or QJLS

Tough Hole from any of the 3 tees with the water last Summer.

Nasty, nasty hole. Thankfully most of that water is no more than knee high. It is a little wider after spring thaw and some rain, so it plays a little different then when compared to drier summer months. The key is getting it near the basket. There is obviously all that water on the front side of the basket and there is a ditch behind it that could be flooded as well. Tough to get this hole in 2, almost just as tough for a 3, especially if you are going for placement instead of conceding to a long putt and possibly taking a 4.

From the green is TeeBird then putt in

From the red is Sword or King as far as I can but landing to the left, then approach, then putt

From the blue I Roc or Axis just beyond the green tee, then approach, and then hope I am within range for a 3, otherwise settle for a 4 and move on to the next hole that has some more swampy area on the left.

From Blue: Probably take a PD and play safe down the fairway, give myself a good chance at a clean upshot for a look at 3 or 4. After the PD I would probably be left with about 200'-250', from there play a spike hyzer with a Gator.

From Red: Would be pretty similar to Blue, play slightly over the water with a PD and try and make it to within 100'-150'. From there probably a clean upshot with a Challenger.

From Green: Hyzer line with a Vector playing over the water.

Green: Spike with a Destroyer.
Red: Big hyzer with Destroyer to land left of water, spike upshot with Demon.
Blue: Low hyzerflip with Destroyer, spike upshot with Demon.

red and blue: lay up in front of green tee with z buzzz, then maybe another z buzz to basket

green: either z buzzz or pro leopard rhbh

Woo-hoo! First time I've ever seen my pictures used for HOD. I played this right at the end of April last year. I had finished up some field work that morning (in the rain), and had the rest of the day to kill, so I checked out this course and then went up to BRP. I knew the course listing lacked pictures, and since I live 250 miles away, figured pictures of a partially flooded course were at least better than none at all.

For this rec-level LHBH with little power, I'm probably throwing a Beast (or maybe now the floating Wahoo I have) from the blues to just try and get near the green tee, and from that tee, another Beast to the green. From the reds, which is the tee I actually played from, I think it was a Teebird to get in-between the green tee and the second pond, and then a Roc to the basket.

Blue: layup to front of green tee like everyone else, teebird or destroyer.
Red: layup as well with an Anode.
Green: teebird
Anode to finish

oh, i finally get to use my wahoo or blizz boss

Green: FH Champ Banshee for a 2.
Red: FH C PD and land between the waters, slightly to the left. Then approach with whatever depending on distance and if avoiding all water, snag a 3.
Blue: This one looks the toughest. Probably FH a C TD to kill about 350 ft and land somewhere left. Then probably a Banshee or maybe a S PD FH to get under the basket for another hopeful 3.