• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3-disc bag: Driver, Mid, Putt.

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
First off, hello DGCR. I just joined the forum after discovering the site a month-ish ago. It seems like a cool place to get advice or shoot the breeze with other disc golfers.

Back on topic:

I recently went home for a few weeks and didn't bother bringing my whole bag with 16 or so discs. I decided to take 3, and this really paid off for me. I got to know these discs really well and shot some real good rounds, since it forced me to work on making a shot vs just trying to switch discs.

My hypothetical situation is (or make it real if you like): If you were to pare your bag down to 3: Driver, mid, putter. What would they be?

I chose: 175 Star Valkyrie, 177 FLX buzz*, 170 R-Pro Dart. I chose them for shot flexibility and so I could work on a multitude of different shots with only 3 discs.

I definitely learned I have too many discs for my experience level after this, and will probably do this much more often, pick a week and throw only 3-4 discs.

So, if you had to go the next month with just 3 discs, what would they be?

--------

*lost the FLX buzz on a bastard of a hole. Had to replace with a Z, but all is well with the new one.

Eagle, Roc, Wizard. All three of those discs are good for me for shaping lots of different lines, and the roc and wizard are great off the tee.

Striker, Aftershock, FLX Challenger.

All are great off the tee depending on length. Its fun cause they are all different brands so I don't play favorites.

@mash. I do like the roc off the tee, once in a while I'd cheat and borrow my brother's :D

@jr. We'll see! Either way I think it'll be a GREAT game.

Millennium Sirius Orion S.OS Alternate mold (This soon may be a Pro Katana)
Pro Cobra
Pro Rhyno

175 Champ Groove
171 Star Stingray
168 P&A Aviar

Latest posts