• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 finger grip

How many fingers for your Big Dog(driver)

• Total voters
Of my drives and approaches I throw probably 50% 2 finger, 30% Fan, and 20% 3 finger.

People usually notice (ask about it) only after I show a 3 finger throw, then they ask "do you throw with 2 fingers"

Well, I've been throwing with 2 fingers most of the time, but that shot was with 3.

Happens all the time, why?

I typically throw with my index and middle finger griping the inner rim. It may be a bad habbet but it does help generate greater spin by increasing the wrist to grip distance which increases the fulcrum length.

For years I have been using the two finger backhand grip. It has served me well, but...

I took a couple of Ions to do some field work and found my best results (by quite a bit) came from using a power grip with the thumb well forward of the pointer finger. I went to a little nine hole course today and shot 4 under on 9 holes using the new grip with all my discs. I threw my Roc 50 feet over a basket I usually throw pin high using the two finger grip. Second throw (not counted in the score) with a Ridge was parked. I seemed to have a lot better control too.

I'm going to spend the rest of the winter converting to the four finger power grip.

Latest posts