• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5 Future Courses in Colorado Springs, CO

Support the need for new local courses!

El Paso County Parks is having a meeting Oct.9 to gather information from the public regarding the parks system. Please come to the meeting and support the need to be involved and active within the Disc Golf community! Without a tangible source of input regarding the growth of our sport, there is no movement. Put a face and a voice to your concerns, and show your love for disc golf, for the sake of all that is right and good in this world. lol. not really. I just heard that preteen obesity rates in America have quadrupled since 1980. Tell all the Parents that you know about the meeting, and urge them specifically to support disc golf in our parks. In the past, we've probably all had people who helped us to find this sport and consequently love it. Let's honor the spirit of that exchange, by becoming advocates for the sport, and its growth, ourselves. Thanks in advance for your time! kris

Try to get as many advocates to that meeting as you can, maybe some boy scouts (in uniform) that might be interested in earning a badge related to helping install the courses. And, be prepared for the haters that will come out of the woodwork to bash DG because they don't want the "solitude" of a park that they may very infrequently use "infringed" upon. I've seen it happen. Good luck!

Went to the meeting last night. The club delegation was 2, but surprisingly there were 3 others that showed up to promote disc golf that I hadn't met before and 1 that I had met but had thought he'd moved away. It was a very informative meeting and the beginning of a very long process to change the master plan. We have a few things on our side including that ElPaso county parks already has 1 disc golf course (widefield) so there is precedent on our side, also sheer numbers helped us out.

Bump! I just discovered disc golf this summer, and I'd love to hear any updates to this story, and to hear about any other meetings I.could go to to help support these new courses! Putting one in Bear Creek would cut 20 miles.off my commute to any existing course!

hey Warren:

I just came from Colorado. Through various errors in personal judgement of certain individuals as well as unfounded and biased rhetoric from non Disc Golfers, most of the proposed courses have been put on hold...some stopped all together. There was a bit of a dust-up with the local club (I kinda fueled the fire so my apologies to the Colorado Springs guys about that) but that seems to be all evened out now.

I suggest hooking up with Fishy and he can show you around to the local club members and get you on board. Any help is greatly appreciated! I'll be back in May 2014 and I'd LOVE to see some new courses being built!

so there is progress being made. we are looking into 3 properties, all of which show great potential... just wanted to bump this to the top so it can be at the forefront of locals minds that there is progress being made. :)

Crashing your thread.
Make plans next summer to come down to Pagosa Springs. We just opened our second 18 hole course at Cloman. I'm really happy with the design and it is a lot of fun.

I'll be raiding South Central Colorado sometime to course-bag the area. It's only 3 hours to Springs as long as I can get through Denver traffic unscathed. Great to hear of progress again!

I plan on doing a lot more traveling and tourney play next summer.. by then we should have gone through all the public meeting BS and have approval by the city. One location we shouldn't have any problem getting (but it's going to be the most work to put in), one was actually acquired by the city for disc golf, and one that is good property and will be the easiest to put it will be the hardest to get through the process. On another note, we should have a 9 hole right up the road in a couple of weeks and there is rumor of a church course needing to be put in between this month and next.

Just getting in to disc golf with my 11 yr old son. Stumbled upon this site/topic and was wondering if anything is happening with other courses. I want to take my son to both Cottonwood and Widefield courses, but both are pretty far away from us on the westside. I'm hoping that one of the sites mentioned (Bear Creek, Red Rock) gets a course.