• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found a course not listed on DGCR

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
p4iyvh.jpg

Earlier this week I was heading to a camp ground in Florida, Sebastian Inlet State Park. Couple miles up the road is South Beach Community Park.

Saw a sign that said "come play our new 9 hole disc golf course" and couldn't pass that up.

It was pretty cool. #3 had a raised teepad. #5 was a shot across a pond, maybe 220' water carry from the longs. #6 and #7 have the same pond in play on the left side of the fairway. #9 long was about 640', cool way to end the course.

Every tee is well marked with red white and blue signs at head height, easy to find. Long and short tees marked with blue and white flags, respectively. Oddly for a new course the baskets were old and rusty. Had a lot of spit outs on the practice basket that felt like bs, but luckily they caught well during my round.

Fun course. I've never tried adding one to DGCR but I'll see if I have enough info to get this one listed. Took photos of most the holes and filmed my round.

Last edited:
for people don't know how to add courses or don't have the patience, just post a udisc link in this thread and there will be plenty of stat chasers who will gladly do it. there is a course discoverer badge that rewards adding courses.

we will have to make sure not to double add them because newly added courses take a little time before they come up in a search. i'd recommend that if you are going to take on adding a course posted here you should post first in the thread that you are doing so to prevent others from doing it simultaneously.

Two observations: 1) just confirm first - please don't list a course that the owner doesn't want listed, and 2) how is it possible for a double listed course not to be caught - and corrected - fairly quickly? Magic City's been listed twice this whole week.

Two observations: 1) just confirm first - please don't list a course that the owner doesn't want listed, and 2) how is it possible for a double listed course not to be caught - and corrected - fairly quickly? Magic City's been listed twice this whole week.

There's a two day delay between a course being entered in the database and it being shown publicly (as in under the 'courses' tab on the main page). In that 2-day window, the course isn't visible on course maps. So it's easy for multiple people to try and list a new course. Or, the other thing is the person who can't enter the lat/long correctly (that minus sign (-) at the front of the longitude is important) and list the course as being in China instead of Iowa.

Unfortunately, I've found several double posted courses on here recently, one by me!! :sick:
I've sent messages through "Contact Us" several times, but the duplicate is still there.

When searching to see if a course is already in the db, be sure to select the Temp Course and Practice Course types, so even those courses will pop up. That's what got me. :thmbdown:

thanks for the heads up. guess i'll have to reinstall now.

That course was recently added by the local club, Discalibur. They had to make some changes to the nearby Wickham Park which had 18+ holes, so my guess is they used some of those older baskets for this new course.

Unfortunately, I've found several double posted courses on here recently, one by me!! :sick:
I've sent messages through "Contact Us" several times, but the duplicate is still there.

When searching to see if a course is already in the db, be sure to select the Temp Course and Practice Course types, so even those courses will pop up. That's what got me. :thmbdown:

Other issue is people giving a course different names. For example, here in Charlotte, we have the Scrapyard. The Scrapyard is at Idlewild Park. Local club intentionally chose to give the course a different name as to not confuse it with the more famous course in Kentucky. However, I know locals who still call the course Idlewild Park. So, it wouldn't be difficult for one person to enter the course in the database as Scrapyard (club's name for the course) and one to enter it as Idlewild Park (which is the name of the park). Mistakes happen. It's usually a simple fix.

In my opinion, people shouldn't list courses here unless they have personally played them - or at least will be personally playing them within the next couple of days. That basically prevents the issue with duplicate courses getting listed, among other reasons. But that's just my $0.02 and I know this debate has happened before on other threads.

To address the OP, adding a course is easy to do.
1. Search the course map, checking the options to show temporary courses and practice areas as well as the permanent and seasonal ones (for bonus points, also use the non-map search to find any matching Extinct ones - this actually happened to me once).
2. If nothing pops up, the course does not exist on here. Click "Add a Course" (under the Courses tab) to add it.
3. Fill out all the info.

Like sisyphus said, we should also make sure that we have the owner's permission to add it if the course is private. I don't like seeing courses that are never open to the general public (i.e. a random person cannot even call and set up a tee time) being listed here, or UDisc for that matter.

Last edited:
In my opinion, people shouldn't list courses here unless they have personally played them

Preach! I only add courses that I've played. Been to places that are not described properly on Udisc. Places that say "9 holes" on udisc, but in reality are 3 baskets with a 9 hole layout on udisc and should really be listed as a practice area, etc. I could rant about this for hours, but I won't.

Agreed. I've added a bunch of courses from Udisc without playing them first. It's pretty easy to sort through the actual courses from Udisc versus the 18 hole object course in a 1 acre park.

http://dgcour.se/13765

http://dgcour.se/13038

http://dgcour.se/11668

http://dgcour.se/13377

http://dgcour.se/11618

http://dgcour.se/12279

http://dgcour.se/12468

Here's a few examples. They're actual courses. Some I played then added. Others I added then played. Who can tell the difference?

i've added courses in European cities that i will almost certainly never visit. found them listed on foreign language sites and added them here hoping we might attract more European users. i think it's a really high priority, we have plenty of American reviewers.

i also have to disagree completely with this perspective
I don't like seeing courses that are never open to the general public (i.e. a random person cannot even call and set up a tee time) being listed here, or UDisc for that matter.

while it might drive the course bagger and completist in me absolutely crazy, i'd much rather know that a course exists. if i ever happen to get the random invitation to some private religious campground cuz my coworker's kid is the star of their outdoor christmas play, i'll subject myself to cheese so that i can bag their $hitty 6 hole course with homemade baskets.

while it might drive the course bagger and completist in me absolutely crazy, i'd much rather know that a course exists. if i ever happen to get the random invitation to some private religious campground cuz my coworker's kid is the star of their outdoor christmas play, i'll subject myself to cheese so that i can bag their $hitty 6 hole course with homemade baskets.

I bag courses, those do drive me crazy. Blips on my map.

BUT, if I camped at that campground. There's a course there. A course is a course. Legit courses that is.

I feel like most people forget that Udisc operates the exact same way as DGCR. User driven.

I have the benefit of elmex and Dean Moriarty doing work up in my area. I handle the reviews. They do the dirty work. They should get the credit on a lot of these.

Bottom line is add courses that seem legit.

Agreed. I've added a bunch of courses from Udisc without playing them first. It's pretty easy to sort through the actual courses from Udisc versus the 18 hole object course in a 1 acre park...Here's a few examples. They're actual courses. Some I played then added. Others I added then played. Who can tell the difference?

I don't *really* have a problem with most of these ones wolf added (I didn't actually look at them but I'm trusting him here, lol).

But the key in what he said, to me, is that he then played them. You guys both clipped off the last part of my statement where I said I'm fine with adding a course *as long as you then go play it soon after.*

I don't agree that it is always easy to tell what is going on with a course on UDisc, and basic details about the course can be incorrect. That plus a plethora of 10 word reviews don't really help me much, other than to say that there is something in that location I should go check out.

I think that we should hold a higher standard to what gets added to our site than that - and that means visiting the course to verify details. Presumably, for the ones you added then played you guys did that and then if there were any details to change you had them changed.

In short, I guess I'd say that I feel it's a quality of information issue.

UDisc map = any disc golf layout, whether actual, object, imagined, under construction and opening in 2 years, open to only the owner and his/her friends, whatever.

DGCR map = disc golf courses with verified correct information and helpful reviews, that are actually available for someone to (at worst) call ahead to set up a tee time at a certain time of year, and come play.

I feel like most people forget that Udisc operates the exact same way as DGCR. User driven.

It is! To me, DGCR has higher quality review information than UDisc and that's one thing that differentiates the two sites. I want DGCR to also have higher quality course information than UDisc, and to me that means not adding courses without personally verifying them. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts