• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found a course not listed on DGCR

got it added. hard to believe this is the first course I've added since I joined! The only other one I know for sure isn't listed is alpine park practice area out by louisville ohio. its a fun park for safari play with mids and putters.

I have added WAY over 100 courses to this site. Pretty much every course collecting day I have I have to add at least one or 2 courses I played on here.

I normally will not add a course till I have played it.

BTW, TimG changed a "practice" course I added pictures for to "Perminate" course because there were actually tee pads on the 3 hole course. I have been known to change courses to "practice" if there are not tee's marked.

You do have to read up reviews and stull on UDisc to figure out if the course has baskets, or it is had tee's when looking on UDisc. Because it has more users, courses are getting added faster.

I will say this, I have a hard time adding courses to UDisc, never a problem adding them to DGCR. I know of a course in Dawson TX that I tried twice to add to UDisc, even contacted UDisc asking what I was doing wrong. I just gave up.

On the other hand, there are courses "hidden" on DGCR I can't figure out why.

Temporary courses and practice areas by default are hidden on regular map searches. There are plenty of private courses that are hidden. Think Hawk Hollow. They're hidden if they don't have an address/coordinates listed. You can still search for them by name. I'm guessing that's what you're referring to.

Re: Adding hole distances from UDisc - Sounds like it doesn't really matter what selection we pick hahah. I'll probably go with GPS moving forward. I can understand not having "UDisc" as an option since probably in theory we shouldn't just be copying their data (I'm going to keep doing it though unless someone with authority tells me to cease and desist, because I think it's better than having no hole info).

Do you mean something besides temporary courses, practice areas, and/or extinct courses?

This is the course I am referring too mostly, It is not showing up on a map search. when I tried to add it, the web site said it was already listed. I found it by searching the town name. I did upload pictures. But I could not figure out how to add it to my "Trip" log. (you can see all my disc golf trips over the last several years listed on my page)

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=13231

Oh, I had a hard time finding the listings for the Paradise Pointe courses. There are 3 courses in the same complex. For what ever reason, I had to search in the listings for nearby courses to find them and add them to my KC trip I took this last week.

I select 'tee sign' when I take my info from UDisc. I figure by using the UDisc app, it's a mobile tee sign/scorecard for me.

Same here. I always try to add the disatnces too, which I'm also just lifting off of Udisc from the layout maps. So that always made the most sense to me. I'd actually never even considered GPS. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it personally.

I select 'tee sign' when I take my info from UDisc. I figure by using the UDisc app, it's a mobile tee sign/scorecard for me.

this makes sense to me. GPS gives the impression of a more exact measurement which may not actually be the case.

this makes sense to me. GPS gives the impression of a more exact measurement which may not actually be the case.

Udisc in general gives off the vibe of being exact. Or more accurate at least. For course conditions and course maps it normally is.

For "reviews" the 1 to 5 scale is the same as we use here. I don't know, but it seems like either a 1 or 5 are the only options. Udisc reviews are pretty **** hilarious at least.

I understand the logic of using "tee sign" in the case where you're just using uDisc. It hadn't occurred to me because in the cases I'm talking about, the courses did not have tee signs. So I eliminated that option from my head and went to "GPS."

This is the course I am referring too mostly, It is not showing up on a map search. when I tried to add it, the web site said it was already listed. I found it by searching the town name. I did upload pictures. But I could not figure out how to add it to my "Trip" log. (you can see all my disc golf trips over the last several years listed on my page)

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=13231

I just learned something new about the site!

It did not show up in the map for me either. I looked carefully at the course info and the "Course Terrain" option was not filled out. Based on the existing description and your photos I set it as "Lightly Wooded". Now it seems to show up on the map.

So maybe courses need that info filled out to show up on the map?

Having that same issue with not being able to find a course by browsing or on the map, but when I tried to add the course it said it already existed but I can't find it anywhere. Course is Whitesville City Park in Whitesville, KY. Course has been around since 2019 and hosted several tournaments. Wonder if it's because the terrain info isn't filled out or something?

Having that same issue with not being able to find a course by browsing or on the map, but when I tried to add the course it said it already existed but I can't find it anywhere. Course is Whitesville City Park in Whitesville, KY. Course has been around since 2019 and hosted several tournaments. Wonder if it's because the terrain info isn't filled out or something?

I found this - does the location pin match up with where you played? https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2009

If so, that listing is probably why the database thinks that this course already exists. It likely isn't showing up in the map because it's listed as a practice area.

It sounds like the place has undergone a redesign. You'll have to use the contact form to have an admin change the number of holes and wipe out the existing reviews.

:D

Thanks! I never thought to click the practice course tab. I had forgotten this course started out as a full design and got nixed by the new mayor when it was just starting to get built back in like 05. Had something like 5 baskets in the ground and the new mayor cut all funding and took back permission to use the property. Only took 14 years to get a finished course there. I contacted the admins to hopefully get it updated.

I understand the logic of using "tee sign" in the case where you're just using uDisc. It hadn't occurred to me because in the cases I'm talking about, the courses did not have tee signs. So I eliminated that option from my head and went to "GPS."

I'm thinking the same way on this, unless Tee Signs exist (and you see them on the course, or pics are uploaded) I wouldn't use Tee Signs option. I've loaded several courses that I found on UDisc, so will enter GPS as the distance source.

I have played all three of these courses. I spent time trying to add the first one on DGCR a couple of weeks ago and it has never showed up on the map or in the search, as far as I can find.

I have played all three of these courses. I spent time trying to add the first one on DGCR a couple of weeks ago and it has never showed up on the map or in the search, as far as I can find.

Do you remember what you tried to call it on DGCR?

I think "Boomers Hill." I don't think I started it with the name of the town.

I think "Boomers Hill." I don't think I started it with the name of the town.

Here it is I think?

It looks like the location is messed up, that's probably why it isn't showing in the map. I just tried to update the lat/long but don't seem to be able to. Possibly a feature that is still being worked on?

Latest posts