• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A close shave

peabody

Edit profile banner
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So Barbasol (the shaving cream company) is the new sponsor of the DGPT Championship and subsequent playoffs.
I don't know how many men pro disc golfers that sport beards but I bet it's 35 to 40%.
Plus I would guess most of the ladies do the pits and legs.
And discs dyed using the shaving cream method are awesome and could be part of the player pack along with lots of cans of spray cream for mischief and celebration (or marking arrows on the ground pointing the wrong way to the next tee).
So --- good thing or bad thing? I mean what's next? Paint-power tools-Summers Eve?

Barbasol was the presenting sponsor for the DGPT Championship last year too.

If Barbasol is back then they are making money.
OTB is on bourd with MVP and Barbasol has the rest. I would have thought with all the Covid boom money disc manufacturers would step up their sponsorship cash flow.
Wonder how much Barbie bucks we are talking about? Maybe next year they can entice a car company to sponsor a free car giveaway for a hole-in-one. This year there will be a barber's chair set up on one of the par threes. Ace gets you a clean face.