• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ace that didnt count

WIGS

I'm sure this subject has been talked about before. I was playing with 2 of my friends at grignon in Kaukauna, wi. We came up to # 14 and we all threw our 1st discs. All were 5-6ft short. So we threw another disc and wouldn't ya know it, I threw my vroc straight as an arrow and aced the hole. I never really got exited knowing it really didn't count. What a bummer!!!!!!!! Oh well, that's 2 for me on the same hole. I was by myself 10 years ago and aced it. Not a single person in site!!!!!

Yes it has. I just read an entire born-again thread about cubby ace and metal hit statistics in a user's signature. Please don't add these stats to your signature, or I fear Frank Delicious will return from banishment to troll DGCR land once again.

congrats on the cubby ace, I get pumped as well.

If you don't know Cubby. Look him up. RIP.

Then, next time you're on that hole, or any aceable hole, set up a camera. If you miss the first one, and the second one, keep throwing, make sure you have a whole bag of discs that can reach the basket, keep the camera on and keep throwing until you hit one. Then post the video (making sure there's a field full of discs in the background) and get fully excited about your third ace (or 10th or 100th or 500th or whatever!).

Q: Who on this site doesn't love throwing discs?
A: Collectors

2nd A: Nikko, sometimes it makes him grumpy.

I love throwing disc, that why I play everyday I can. I also love variety so that's why I'm out playing every different courses I can get to.

I'm sure this subject has been talked about before. I was playing with 2 of my friends at grignon in Kaukauna, wi. We came up to # 14 and we all threw our 1st discs. All were 5-6ft short. So we threw another disc and wouldn't ya know it, I threw my vroc straight as an arrow and aced the hole. I never really got exited knowing it really didn't count. What a bummer!!!!!!!! Oh well, that's 2 for me on the same hole. I was by myself 10 years ago and aced it. Not a single person in site!!!!!

Years ago I'm playing the California school for the deaf solo. There's a great hole by the parking lot that's about 350' with a slight dogleg right. I threw LHBH, weaved my way through the trees and banged the ace. I shouted " YES" about as loud as I could and looked around to see if anyone saw it. Sure enough one person in the parking lot saw everything and from a hundred yards or so gave me an "air five" and that Jeremiah Johnson style nod of approval. While I though this wold go down as the nice ace I've ever had that nobody saw I was stoked to see someone saw it.

My first ever ace was unwitnessed, and my most recent was a cubby.

The first I had a brand new Star Destroyer I was trying to beat up so I was throwing it as my first drive on every hole. A ~320' down hill shot to finish just a bit left. Lofted it up and right on a big lazy Hyzer and CHAINS!! I jumped and whooped and looked around and there was not a soul in site. A couple weeks later I lost the disc... so now it feels like it never happened.

Most recent I had been hitting a hyzer route through some trees, strange steep uphill with kind of a low ceiling. My first shot I didn't get around a tree on the left and we had been playing at a good pace and not throwing extra shots but I said "I need to throw another and prove to myself I can hit this line" Really it is throwing for birdie... hit the line perfectly hyzers around looks like its going to skid right under the basket but skips instead and CHAINS!! My buddy yells ACE!!!! and throws up his hands... and I just stood there like M*ther F***** why couldn't I have done that on my first throw?
He then signed it "not a real ace"

If it's a hole I think is ace able, I'll never throw a second disc.

One casual league I play with has a best shot 2 drives rule on a not so tricky shorty hole mid round for added fun. ... same group does best shot 2 drives on hole 1 as well.

Years ago our doubles league finished in what we thought was a tie at -7, a playoff ensued prematurely. My partner skip aces the 3rd playoff hole only find out another team came in later with a -8. Ooops.

You have to have a witness for the ace to count? I play a lot of solo golf and never thought twice about bragging to friends and family about banging an ace (first shot only of course).