• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

So a 990ft hole that requires a 500+ blind sky anhy with OB on both sides, just to give you a chance at eagle, isn't a par5? smh

It is a par 5 because the TD said so.

What I'm saying is that it would have been better for the sport if the TD had set par to be more appropriate for the Open field. When most of the players get a 4, that's really strong evidence that 4 is "the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions".

If TDs set par according to that, an eagle would really mean what an eagle is supposed to mean (like the sole 2 on hole #4) .

Was it a pro only event? Did the majority of the entire field get a 4 or the majority of pros?

Better for the sport???????? Lol you really are on a crusade aren't you? You do know that its ok to have holes that can give up eagles, right? Every hole on the course doesn't have to be all but impossible to get a birdie or eagle on. Why don't you just stand on the first tee and bullwhip the players, so they know what they are in for...

Was it a pro only event? Did the majority of the entire field get a 4 or the majority of pros?

Pro only. Yes most of the field got a 4... and that's perfectly fine. Also, as someone else pointed out in the event thread, that hole was the one that cost Eagle the tourney. Maybe the best open bomber hole player in the world, atm, took a 5 and almost 6+ if it wasn't for a decent kick that sent him back closer to the green and not towards the OB.

What I'm saying is that it would have been better for the sport if the TD had set par to be more appropriate for the Open field. When most of the players get a 4, that's really strong evidence that 4 is "the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions".

If TDs set par according to that, an eagle would really mean what an eagle is supposed to mean (like the sole 2 on hole #4) .

Isn't the definition of par "the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions" plus one, essentially? Thus, par 5.

Then get a touch screen phone, Im surprised people still use flip phones lol.

Blackberry keypad rocks! Only you young punks have nimble enough fingers to use a touch screen. And for the, blackberry is old crowd, they have a new android phone out.

Wait, we're on the "Paul is done thread," and we're talking about par and hole structure? I need more, "he's married, he's done," or "he's an old man and he's done," or "he doesn't wear flowered pants and he's done," or at least, "he plays innova and he's done," commentary.

BTW, can you believe Eagle's done already?

Isn't the definition of par "the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions" plus one, essentially? Thus, par 5.

Par: an accepted standard; specifically : a usual standard of physical condition or health, wasn't feeling up to par today.

As in, Paul was feeling up to par today.

Wait, we're on the "Paul is done thread," and we're talking about par and hole structure? I need more, "he's married, he's done," or "he's an old man and he's done," or "he doesn't wear flowered pants and he's done," or at least, "he plays innova and he's done," commentary.

BTW, can you believe Eagle's done already?

Paul needs to trim his eyelashes.

Sorry, that's all I got. Maybe Paul's still got some game left, maybe it's Maybelline. :|

Better for the sport???????? Lol you really are on a crusade aren't you? You do know that its ok to have holes that can give up eagles, right? Every hole on the course doesn't have to be all but impossible to get a birdie or eagle on. Why don't you just stand on the first tee and bullwhip the players, so they know what they are in for...

I'm sorry I infected this thread with the par virus. I really try not to do that. I couldn't help myself in this case. If you want to talk about par more, take it to the Par Talk thread.

yah...it's a tough debate...harder birdie or easier par? I'd say you have to round up and make it the easier par. Par golf shouldn't be hard for the mpo division and it certainly should not get you a win....typically.

I agree completely with this statement. Good players stil need that ego stroke(pun??) And a hole like this (even if 5 isn't the "correct par") is needed for morale if nothing else. Walk away with an eagle=feeling good=playing better=better for spectators=smaert move TD. Also it WAS a par 5. And unless you're able to eagle a hole yourself, Don't talk smack!

lol. good call op. Even Big Sexy roasted you at the end of the video.

I think he was trying to equate it with Shakespeare's MacBeth.... however... the quote he used is from Hamlet... "Alas poor Yoric I knew him Horatio"...

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was wrong on multiple levels. "He has borne me on his back a thousand times ... a man of infinite jest ..." is nowhere close to "I hardly knew him," so I wanted to check. :p

Latest posts