• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Almost quit today

DeanMoriarty

Do Not Disturb
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I posted in a few other threads about me thinking I lost my MF Roc3 the other day by not picking it up even though I remember vaguely grabbing it not to mention I went back an hour later and it was nowhere to be found on the hole I threw it on.

Well, it turns out I actually had a lot of discs stolen out of my bag at some point while I played a round last week.

I don't know how but I noticed today that not only was my MF Roc3 missing which I thought I just didn't pick up which is very unlike me considering I have pretty bad OCD and will literally count all my discs in my head after each hole.

Basically I noticed today that not only was my Roc3 gone, but so was my RFF Wizard (that one hurts bad too as it is my absolute favorite putter/mold from Gateway), a PFN Innova Coyote which I didn't throw at all that day, my brand new Star Rancho Roc (another disc I didn't throw at all that day) as well as a Champion Teebird.

Here's where I think someone pilfered my bag: I threw a really bad shot into the woods off the tee and left my bag behind on the teepad. I was 300 feet down the fairway and at least 15 feet into the woods for a solid 30 minutes of searching completely oblivious that my bag was sitting unguarded that whole entire time. There was a lot of non-disc golfers on the course that day cooling off in the river and there was a group of kids that had been basically following me that entire time (not sure if they were DGers or what).

Anyways, I know it's just plastic but anytime something gets stolen from you it's never a good feeling and that basically stuck with me my entire round today which affected my gameplay pretty badly as I was only thinking about how I'm probably never going to replace my RFF Wizard as they are extremely hard to come by and when they do pop up on eBay they get bought in a heartbeat.

So if anyone happens to have an extra RFF Wizard they don't mind parting with, I'll pay a little extra as it's pretty much the only soft Wizard I like using (yes I've tried the SSSS and it's just not the same).

This is why I don't leave my keys or wallet in my bag.

Of course, I also wouldn't leave my bag unattended near a tee pad while I was a hundred yards away in the woods for a half hour but that's just me.

I do sympathize for you just the same.

Lapse of judgement on my part.

I pulled a classic throw a long, but bad shot and immediately go running off the teepad to chase it down and make sure I see where it lands completely forgetting that my bag is sitting at the teepad unattended :doh:

Tbh, this could've been avoided on my part but I dunno, I just really hope that it was some stupid punk kids who just saw a stupid opportunity and took it and not actual disc golfers because at the end of the day, we are suppose to be a community that helps each other out.

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry, can't help with either of those molds.

But thanks for the story of caution.

Kids. Dammit.

What did that have to do with quitting? Frustrating? Yes. Reason to quit? No way.

Last edited:
Ouch. That sucks. Sorry, can't help with either of those molds.

But thanks for the story of caution.

Kids. Dammit.

When I acquired my RFF Wizard years ago, I lost out on two bids in a row for one due to bid snipers literally waiting until the last 0.5 seconds of the auction to outbid me.

So again, highly doubt I will ever throw one of those again which absolutely sucks but I guess I'll just use my Lunar Wizard again as those things are a slightly stiffer version of the RFF Wizard.

Side note and not really related but I was actually kind of pissed at Gateway for re-releasing the Lunar molds as I paid like $30+ for one and then a week later Gateway decided to make them again :doh: Maybe they'll do the same with RFF plastic eventually.

I once had an ace disc stolen from the fairway, while looking for someone else's errant drive. That made me sad as well.

I like to think I learned something, as now I always make sure my stuff is within reach these days.

What did that have to do with quitting? Frustrating? Yes. Reason to quit? No way.

Eh, it's a figure of speech lol.

And yes it was definitely frustrating but at the end of the day, it's plastic and I'm sure at some point replacements will pop up.

This has definitely taught me two lessons:

1. Don't EVER leave your bag unguarded unless you are the only person on the course.

and 2. Remove every single OOP disc out of my bag because at the end of the day, it's just not worth losing them.. or at least throw them on big open bomber courses only so there's only a slightly less chance I won't walk right past it due to being an airhead sometimes.

I quit for a few weeks after losing $100.00 in cash one night on the course. It was in one of the zipper pockets of my bag, and I had to root through the pocket looking for I-don't-know-what, now. But I took the cash and laid it to the side, then, when I found whatever it was, just...zipped back up and moved out. To be fair, I'd had a few beers, and it was near sundown, but of course by the time I got back to where it was, it was gone. I went home and texted everybody: "I'm so done with this crap."

There were other very frustrating factors leading up to that specific moment, and my decision - which I meant 100% at the time. Just...losing a couple of discs recently, really immature behavior by people I couldn't get away from, etc. I was soooo pissed. Just OVER the drama, etc.

It lasted about 2 weeks. :D But I totally get it.

I quit for a few weeks after losing $100.00 in cash one night on the course. It was in one of the zipper pockets of my bag, and I had to root through the pocket looking for I-don't-know-what, now. But I took the cash and laid it to the side, then, when I found whatever it was, just...zipped back up and moved out. To be fair, I'd had a few beers, and it was near sundown, but of course by the time I got back to where it was, it was gone. I went home and texted everybody: "I'm so done with this crap."

There were other very frustrating factors leading up to that specific moment, and my decision - which I meant 100% at the time. Just...losing a couple of discs recently, really immature behavior by people I couldn't get away from, etc. I was soooo pissed. Just OVER the drama, etc.

It lasted about 2 weeks. :D But I totally get it.

I believe in karma and hopefully whoever grabbed my Wizard and Roc3 will throw a really bad shot with both of them and then an actual good samartian will find both of them and text my number telling me they have both my babies waiting for me with a nice cold beer as well.

It's frustrating.

Luckily, I haven't had anything stolen from my bag yet, nor have I had a bag stolen. But I know quite a few who have. I was in a tournament and a group of ladies in front of my group (too much of a gap or we might have seen this happen and stopped it), had one lady stop at the bathroom on the way to the next tee. When she came out, her favorite driver and putter were gone from the top pocket of her bag. We 'think' it was a couple of guys who wanted to play the course but were told they couldn't due to the tournament being played (I heard that second-hand).

At least it was only a few discs. I know someone who, overnight between rounds, had his bag stolen out of his truck. His friend's bag was in the truck and not touched. Not only that, but whomever did it, took his locking lug nut key out of the glove box and loosened the lugs on one wheel (it came off on the highway, but luckily no one was hurt).

Not only that, but whomever did it, took his locking lug nut key out of the glove box and loosened the lugs on one wheel (it came off on the highway, but luckily no one was hurt).

WTF :thmbdown: Must have been a personal enemy, usually thieves aren't that malicious outside of the theft.

Basically I noticed today that not only was my Roc3 gone, but so was my RFF Wizard (that one hurts bad too as it is my absolute favorite putter/mold from Gateway), a PFN Innova Coyote which I didn't throw at all that day, my brand new Star Rancho Roc (another disc I didn't throw at all that day) as well as a Champion Teebird.

Man that sucks big time

I'm curious since they only took some discs and not all - were there other OOP or valuable discs that were left behind or did they sniff out all the goodies and only leave behind the stock discs?

It's frustrating.

Luckily, I haven't had anything stolen from my bag yet, nor have I had a bag stolen. But I know quite a few who have. I was in a tournament and a group of ladies in front of my group (too much of a gap or we might have seen this happen and stopped it), had one lady stop at the bathroom on the way to the next tee. When she came out, her favorite driver and putter were gone from the top pocket of her bag. We 'think' it was a couple of guys who wanted to play the course but were told they couldn't due to the tournament being played (I heard that second-hand).

At least it was only a few discs. I know someone who, overnight between rounds, had his bag stolen out of his truck. His friend's bag was in the truck and not touched. Not only that, but whomever did it, took his locking lug nut key out of the glove box and loosened the lugs on one wheel (it came off on the highway, but luckily no one was hurt).

I think I remember Big Jerm posting a video about a month or two back about his car getting broken into and him losing a bunch of really sentimental discs that had aces.

It absolutely sucks and can make you wanna take a break but at the end of the day, I love throwing discs even when I'm not playing so well so it'd take a lot more than stolen discs to really make me hang it up for good.

Man that sucks big time

I'm curious since they only took some discs and not all - were there other OOP or valuable discs that were left behind or did they sniff out all the goodies and only leave behind the stock discs?

It was just two OOP discs (that happened to be my two absolute favorite ones) and three replaceable ones.

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/black-friday-deals-week-2020/
Infinite had a run of RFF Glow Wizards made less than 2 years back for Black Friday. Gateway doesn't seem to communicate much so unsure if that blend is OOP as you say.

They never produced a Coyote with flight numbers so its just a stock disc (in the OOP section here -> https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-coyote/ or F2 champ here https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-coyote-factory-second/). The Infinite Discs Anubis is also the same mold https://infinitediscs.com/Infinite-Discs-Anubis.

I believe in karma and hopefully whoever grabbed my Wizard and Roc3 will throw a really bad shot with both of them and then an actual good samartian will find both of them and text my number telling me they have both my babies waiting for me with a nice cold beer as well.

If you want some additional hope...
My son lost his 2nd favorite disc, a US flag champ sidewinder about 3 weeks ago. We looked for 45 minutes. Our number is on it, no calls...
This last Saturday, playing a new course, we were looking for a good drive off a bad tree, and found...an identical US flag champ sidewinder. Not his, but same weight and condition. No number, no drop box (fairly remote course).

So I think you will get your disc back. :)

So I posted in a few other threads about me thinking I lost my MF Roc3 the other day by not picking it up even though I remember vaguely grabbing it not to mention I went back an hour later and it was nowhere to be found on the hole I threw it on.

Well, it turns out I actually had a lot of discs stolen out of my bag at some point while I played a round last week.

I don't know how but I noticed today that not only was my MF Roc3 missing which I thought I just didn't pick up which is very unlike me considering I have pretty bad OCD and will literally count all my discs in my head after each hole.

Here's where I think someone pilfered my bag: I threw a really bad shot into the woods off the tee and left my bag behind on the teepad. I was 300 feet down the fairway and at least 15 feet into the woods for a solid 30 minutes of searching completely oblivious that my bag was sitting unguarded that whole entire time. There was a lot of non-disc golfers on the course that day cooling off in the river and there was a group of kids that had been basically following me that entire time (not sure if they were DGers or what).

Anyways, I know it's just plastic but anytime something gets stolen from you it's never a good feeling and that basically stuck with me my entire round today which affected my gameplay pretty badly as I was only thinking about how I'm probably never going to replace my RFF Wizard as they are extremely hard to come by and when they do pop up on eBay they get bought in a heartbeat.

So if anyone happens to have an extra RFF Wizard they don't mind parting with, I'll pay a little extra as it's pretty much the only soft Wizard I like using (yes I've tried the SSSS and it's just not the same).

I agree, shouldn't leave your stuff unattended for that long. If you forgot one disc is it possible that you forgot many discs? It seems you would have noticed right away if someone swiped that many discs at the same time. If someone was going to swipe your stuff, they probably would have just taken the entire bag, no?

Either way its bad that stuff was taken / lost but it could have been worse, I'm glad you didnt lose your keys or wallet or anything else.

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/black-friday-deals-week-2020/
Infinite had a run of RFF Glow Wizards made less than 2 years back for Black Friday. Gateway doesn't seem to communicate much so unsure if that blend is OOP as you say.

They never produced a Coyote with flight numbers so its just a stock disc (in the OOP section here -> https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-coyote/ or F2 champ here https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-coyote-factory-second/). The Infinite Discs Anubis is also the same mold https://infinitediscs.com/Infinite-Discs-Anubis.

I actually have a Party Time stamped RFF Glow Wizard lol. It's just not as soft and beat in as my OG stamped RFF Wizard so like I said, I'll just have to keep on eye out on eBay for an OG stamp one which might take awhile but that's fine as I really need to stop spending money on stuff like my Quest AT collection I got going on lol.

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the Coyote anyways and felt it was taking up room in my bag.. I got a Mako3 anyways.

I agree, shouldn't leave your stuff unattended for that long. If you forgot one disc is it possible that you forgot many discs? It seems you would have noticed right away if someone swiped that many discs at the same time. If someone was going to swipe your stuff, they probably would have just taken the entire bag, no?

Either way its bad that stuff was taken / lost but it could have been worse, I'm glad you didnt lose your keys or wallet or anything else.

Normally yes that could've been the case but I am 100% sure I didn't throw a two of the discs that magically disappeared since then.

And trust me, I'm hoping that maybe they did actually fall out of my bag by accident and someone will find them and return them. The biggest problem with that theory is the fact the course I played on seems to get 10x more traffic from dog walkers than actual disc golfers so there's also the chance a random person found it and was like "oh cool, new chew toy for Spot".

Last edited: