• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Analyzing Short Game Performance

I think it is a good tool to use while practicing in an open field, but on the course I believe there are too many scenerios.

if you have to ask...you probably don't have your "g-pass". you'll get shotz.

lmfao-and-lil-jon-performing-shots-at-tao-570.jpg

SHOTZ! SHOTZ! SHOTZ! SHOTZ-SHOTZ-SHOTZ!

I am all for working on my short game, however, I play on wayyyy too many courses to have it be a general "fit all" for me. Most every course I play is wooded, some with elevation changes, some flat, etc.... What I do tend to do though is my home course has short and long tees for almost every hole. I tend to try and play my short tees at least a couple of times per month, this works on using my mids more <and sometimes my putters off the drive>. This gives me the feeling of being familiar of the disc flight, and/or the look of the shot when I come up on other courses with a similar scenario. I also have a 12 hole course not too far from me which also has a few shorter holes, which also aids in my short game practice.
At my age <adv. masters> I'm not going to get any more significant distance on my drives, so I need to focus on doing my absolute best to make my upshots, and putts count.

I realize that this exercise is not for everyone, and perhaps in the end it might not be for anyone. It might be totally useless. However, I personally haven't come to that conclusion yet. Also, I do not expect other players really to do this. My intent was simply to share with other disc golfers an idea that I've stumbled upon that may or may not be of use to them. So please don't think that I'm trying to sell everyone on my new Super System to a Superior Short Game or whatever.

With that being said, I'd like to add that I appreciate everyone who's taken the time to read over this and comment on it in any way.