• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Anchor (midrange)

I'm hoping it will pair with the compass as well as the verdict pairs with the truth
While it might pair well in terms of flight, it sure isn't pairing with Compass based on the feel like the Verdict/Truth combo does. Anchor seems to have a big bead while Compass has none. This is exactly the reason why I'm still on the lookout for a properly OS beadless mid from one of the Trilogy companies. Beadless Bard would be really nice. :thmbup:

While it might pair well in terms of flight, it sure isn't pairing with Compass based on the feel like the Verdict/Truth combo does. Anchor seems to have a big bead while Compass has none. This is exactly the reason why I'm still on the lookout for a properly OS beadless mid from one of the Trilogy companies. Beadless Bard would be really nice. :thmbup:

yeah i just got a hold of one today and its definitely deeper feeling than the compass. closest comparison is a slightly shallower roc3/wasp hybrid. Feels better than either of those molds but still not quite as great as the compass. didn't get a chance to throw it yet, I'll be throwing it in the morning.

I think really I was hoping the compass was beaded. It wasn't doesn't make it a bad mid at all. But I just click with beaded mids.

So, it will be interesting. I'm hoping for a compass with a bead. My two cents.

Well, after throwing in the field, I think my slightly shallower roc/wasp hybrid assessment holds for the flight path as well.
Definitely a tick slower than the verdict/truth, but a tighter line overall. Solid 0 on the high speed like the fresh verdict, but a later and softer fade than the verdict, slightly more fade than emac truth.
Overall I'd say the factory numbers are pretty spot on, other than maybe being more of a 4.5 speed (or you could say the verdict/truth family are 5.5 speed, but they came out stamped 5 first, so whatever)
It felt better to throw than the wasp, and really shone on big annys that panned flat predictably right when I expected them to, unlike the verdict which is a little trickier to match speed and anny angle just right on those shots.

The pic is the blue metal flake anchor on the the left and a z wasp on the right

Attachments

• 2017-01-20 07.33.00.jpg
    2017-01-20 07.33.00.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 76
It sure looks like a Roc.
The PDGA has the wing width listed as:
Anchor 1.4 cm
Roc 1.2cm
Buzzz 1.2 cm

Also the PDGA measured height is listed as:
Anchor 1.8 cm
Roc 2.0 cm
Buzzz 1.9 cm

Pain Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.7 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.4 cm

The pain was always very roc-like as well. It is OOP now correct? The profile looks similar wonder if it shares any of the old OS mold characteristics.

Picked one up with tournament winnings today, hoping to throw it tomorrow at some point. It's got a great feel to it, not shaped like the compass at all but similarly comfortable.

Got a decostamp 174 g yesterday. I throw rhbh and max out around 350 ft. For me it feels and flies like a new Mace but with that overstable flight pattern before it dumps pretty hard. It went ~220 on a slight hyzer. My problem with the Verdict was that it kept slipping out of my hand a tad early. With the bead of the Anchor, that wasn't a problem. Will be very interested to see if it straightens out much or if it will keep the slight constant tracking to the left or if the fade will mellow away.

Anchor is more or less a retooled Mace. Cause the Mace didn't turn out as it should've. I think Thomas Ekström talked about it in one of the release videos they did on L64 facebook.

Anchor is more or less a retooled Mace. Cause the Mace didn't turn out as it should've. I think Thomas Ekström talked about it in one of the release videos they did on L64 facebook.

Well they better release the anchor in zero plastic asap then. Or alternatively I guess I just buy up as many zero maces as I can until then. I hope the mace doesn't go oop because it's still a really good disc. Alongside the Ghost, it's the best Roc alternative out there, especially in zero line.

The Anchor will be released in retro plastic according to that live video they made when the discs were introduced. Pretty sure they said so anyway...

I got to throw the Anchor a few times today and I like it so far, compliments the Compass very well. Comparing it to the Mace, it's a little slower with a more round and comfortable bottom edge. I always felt like the Mace is awkwardly shaped.

Latest posts