• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

And the PDGA strikes again!

That's outstanding. Where were these people for me to compete against when I was playing seriously?

Well they would putt low and hard. If their putt was perfect it would hit low on the chians, if it was high it would hit in the sweet spot, and if it was low then it would have a good chance of wedging into the basket. Its not right at all that a bad putt would count as a make.

Well they would putt low and hard. If their putt was perfect it would hit low on the chians, if it was high it would hit in the sweet spot, and if it was low then it would have a good chance of wedging into the basket. Its not right at all that a bad putt would count as a make.

I'm curious what a "good chance" constitutes.

I know a number of guys who putt with blowflies---among the most flexible putters out there---and the percentage of discs hitting below to top of the basket and wedging or passing through is pretty small.

Certainly smaller than the percentage of putts hitting higher in the chains and sticking. If I were these guys' coach, I'd tell them to aim 4" higher. If aiming 4" higher results in their frequently hitting the top of the basket, they've got vertical control issues.

Wedgies are common during Arizona summers. You would be surprised how gummy putters get at 115 degrees.

I'm curious what a "good chance" constitutes.

I know a number of guys who putt with blowflies---among the most flexible putters out there---and the percentage of discs hitting below to top of the basket and wedging or passing through is pretty small.

Certainly smaller than the percentage of putts hitting higher in the chains and sticking. If I were these guys' coach, I'd tell them to aim 4" higher. If aiming 4" higher results in their frequently hitting the top of the basket, they've got vertical control issues.

Well since someone who putts with a stiff putter has no chance of a wedge, then anything thats got a better chance at wedging then that.

Even with Blowfliles, I'd guess the percentage of wedge putts that stick versus ones that bounce off the cage would likely be a small fraction.

Now, coconuts arriving in medieval Britain? There's a discussion...

Latest posts