• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any advice for dealing with my planter's wart?

Lewis

* Ace Member *
I'm not asking for how to treat it, since I'm leaving that up to my podiatrist. I'm just curious how long I should expect to be "out of commission" while I undergo treatment. I've never had one of these before, so I'm totally inexperienced with the recovery process. For reference, it's on my right heel, which is my plant foot for driving, and it's rather deep in there, so my doctor said he may have to burn it out with a laser. At present he has applied some acidic "beetle juice" and is going to check in two weeks to see if that is enough to draw it out of my foot. :gross: The stuff burns, and on day two after the juice I can't put any weight on that heel without a serious burning pain. I've basically got to hobble around on the ball of my right foot.

Can anybody who has experience with these nasties advise me how long I should expect to be out of commission for disc golf, or really any vigorous bipedal activity at all?

Don't bother with the podiatrist. Put duct tape on it. Change it every few days. Take it off in a month. There's an 80% chance your wart will be gone. Worked for 3 of mine and couple of my wife's. If you want a little extra, put some salicylic acid on it before putting the duct tape on it.

:thmbup:eh duct tape works for small ones... but i think youre on the right track with the doc. I had one the doctor cut off then froze and it came back about a moth later.

cut and froze it again on my own (no numbing - ouch, plus it bled like crazy)... havent seen or heard from it since! haha:doh:

There is actually over the counter medicine that works really well too. You would find it around the other wart medicines and it's just a liquid that you swab on the wart.

I've tried both the duct tape and over the counter stuff. Effectiveness depends on how big and deep they are. The over the counter worked for me but my brother had one that he had to get a doc to take care of. So as they say - "your results may vary"

As for your actual question - the small ones I've had never caused that much pain. My brother was down for a couple weeks as I remember that was many years ago.

I had one on my left heel when I was 16. It was about an inch and a half long, and half an inch wide. The Dr. burned it off. I was a skater back then, and I was back on my board the next day. When they burn them off, it removes it and kind of closes the wound at the same time. Its not really that big of deal, but it stinks when its being burned!

Pics? Cause a rash on your foot. Idk how but this will jumpstart your body into gettin rid of it. My daughter had some on her hands and the dermatologist gave us some cream to do that. Worked quick

I had a really bad one in high school, right on my heel, I could barely walk. The doctor treated it, and the next day I was good to go, it was crazy how fast the pain went away, so hopefully you'll have the same experience.

I had a couple burned off of my heels. One was pretty small (half of a dime), and that one I could walk on after about 36 hours, painful but nothing major. I also had a pretty big one, bigger than a quarter. That one took about a week to be able to put weight on my heel so I was walking around on my toe, it also didn't close up as nicely because it was so wide, probably took 3 weeks to fully close and I still have a scar.

Well, look at it this way. You'll build some calf muscle in the process of it healing, while you hobble around on the ball of your foot.

I had one aswell on my right heel, it was really painful and felt like a rock was stuck in my heal. Go to hobby lobby and buy some felt pad or some sort of pad and cut a hole it, as if your makin a donut. Put it in your shoe and it will take the weight off of it. Mine lasted for about 2 months, but duct tape is the way to treat it.

Let the podiatrist do his thing. Mine burned 6 off my feet with acid, I was out for a total of 2 days (little tender for a few more) and that included warts bigger than a dime, him cutting them out and cutting open the blisters. I go back for follow up on tuesday and we expect one more treatment for on of the largest. I tried OTC acid, cyro freezingm duct tape, ACV (apple cider vinegar) and cutting them out (bad idea)

Duct tape and ACV is fine if you have little ones and are patient, but if you are serious, try to get your podiatrist to use the strong acid, it rocks.

Good luck

Last edited:
Radiation, works like magic. I usually just dig them out because no docs locally will radiate them.