• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

any anhyzer driver that's better than the diamond?

jbl39

I use the diamond and the thing goes right whether I want it to or not. Flips literally on a dime and it's only a question of "how far is it going to go this time?"

Also when I catch it right the thing will go for days. But it's not the most consistent disc in my bag and will often be tough to control...

any good anhyzer drivers out there worth checking out?

"Consistency" tends to wain as you keep sliding down the understable end of the scale, simply because varying the speed of your throw will change the flip factor.

Typically stable to overstable drivers are most often coined "consistent" or "dependable" because no matter the speed thrown, they're gonna fade as you'd expect them too.

So i'd say it's a matter of personal arm speed consistency for understable discs. I can flip that diamond on the same line 4/5 throws so to me, it's consistent.

For a more "forgiving" understable anhyzer driver i'd suggest a middle weight JLS.

JLS is the shiz at around 160g for me, holds whatever I put it on

I also like champ leopards for a bit slower disc, champ aren't as flippy as pro or beat DX are but they still flip for me some

Beat DX teebirds are money as well even though they are more stable of the three

The River is pretty consistent for anhyzers; and every other shot really. I'm still learning the Bolt, but it is good for long anhyzers and still has a fade back. I here Visions can be good, but haven't thrown any. Of course, the Stratus is a classic.

For complete turn and burn shots, I grabbed one of the ESP Stratus' that you got as a PDGA member a few years back. I love my River for anny shots, but I use it to shape anny lines, not dogleg righties.

Super long turns I throw a beat, light, pro Destroyer, The most flippy disc I carry is a 150g Valk.

I picked up a Vibram Trak and I can keep that thing on a consistent anhyzer both fore and back hand all the way to the finish. The other one that I use is a beat up Champ Beast. The stratus will usually give you a good option too.

Hyzerflip or true anny? I use KC Teebirds or KC Rocs Rocs for true anny lines. Hyzerflips I use JK Valks, beat up sSar Destroyers or beat up KC Rocs.

Your rollin disc will go right. Understable stuff go right.

Really stable discs don't like to go right.

Neutral to understable, your sweet spot is somewhere in there.

So is the PD2 and the Bolt specifically made for anhyzer shots?

Ideally I would get a high speed driver that is pretty understable, relatively flippy and liable to turnover. Any make the cut?

get a beat up pre-barry leopard put on an anny release and sh!t won't turn left... or just overtorque the stuff out of it and let it finish right 300+ feet out :)

I use a Champystar Vulcan @ 166g and a 172g flat top and I mean FLAT TOP Star Sidewinder. The problem when trying to answer this. Is that what works for me, may not work for you. I have a noodle arm and don't throw with much power/speed. Heck I play with people who use Orcs and Destroyers for their anhyzer discs.

So is the PD2 and the Bolt specifically made for anhyzer shots?

Ideally I would get a high speed driver that is pretty understable, relatively flippy and liable to turnover. Any make the cut?

pd2 is not a high turning driver. It is a high fading driver. Pd2 and Bolts are complete opposites of each other. (overstable to understable respectively)

Latest posts