• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any driver suggestions?

Have you tried a C-PD? Feel great in the hand (not a massively wide rim) and sneaky long. Or a Champion Wraith should do the trick.

Tim S.

The S CD has good control and long enough, and I really like the feel of the rim.

Have you tried a C-PD? Feel great in the hand (not a massively wide rim) and sneaky long. Or a Champion Wraith should do the trick.

I can second that. I used a PD for the first time this weekend and had great success with it. Another great shot shaper (put it on a sky-high hyzer line and it went for days..). I again mention the Krait. Same speed as the Wraith, but less overstable, so it won't fade quite as hard. Both are also shot-shaping, good golf discs.

ESP Surge! Little slower than these others, but they are easier to throw and control. Also, you can bomb em. :D If you like hyzer flipping, you can beat one of these in and it'll work it's magic.

For my long distance shot I picked up a 174(max weight for DGA) hurricane. It feels like unique it has a very pronounced notch on the wing profile. Somepeople might complain but I got used to the feel and now that thing rips! I was doing some fieldwork yesterday and I threw it from the back of the end zone on a football field to the otherside of the track on the far side it was well over 400 feet and i did it several times. It has a little highspeed turn and a predictable fade in proline plastic and is a pretty decent headwind fighter in the Sp or sparkle plastic. Im surprised this driver doesnt have more hype, it has made the bag for sure and may push my beat forces out of the bag.

I second the sword suggestion. such a nice disc.

and yes you should always work on improving your form and your game

I found a ton of success with 169g ESP Forces this year.

Can't throw nukes consistently, but the Force is the greatest disc ever. After hearing Mcbeth talk about disc weight, I went with a lighter Force.

You could try Pro Destroyers. Probably has the fastest, best glide of any plastic as far as Destroyers go. They do get a bit flippy, so I'd get something close to max-weight.

james i'm aware you throw pretty much just innova right now, i think trying the stalker, XL, a surgeSS and a Z xpress (or X if you want more flippy out of the box) are also near your speed level without being very overstable