• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anybody else like the FLX Challenger?

You sound like Eric. Last time I ran into him on the course, he asked me "Whats the putter of the week Phil?" :eek:

We are putter buddies I'm afraid. We're always finding the same things and different times.

I beat you to the FLX Challenger it seems.

I got mine from aarikc17 on here and it's a wacky bronze kind of color. Like if you see plastic painted that REALLY fake gold color? Like plastic weight lifting sets... It shows up a LOT better than I'd expect..

I used it a LOT today and it never steered me wrong, which is more than I can say for most of the discs I had with me. I think I need to use it as my only putter in the winter. Still carrying the super soft magnet I got from you, but not for primary putts, at least not in this weather. I'm using it for short annys and getting around trees to the right when I'm in close. I can put the magnet up in the air on a crazy steep hyzer and it'll come back FAST. The challenger will either keep going straight, or flip up...oi.

So my putters are now FLX challenger as my approach, driving putter and pure putter. Super Soft Magnet for specialty shots. At least until we get some better weather...then the soft challenger and CryZtal challenger and magnets and titanic will have a giant shootout...

\/\/

I have a Wizard, and I like how it flies straight, but it seems to blow through the chains alot, so I don't use it.

Keep with it. I think blowing through the chains is mostly a bad luck issue. Over the course of time it will even out unless you're hitting the chains with your disc perpendicular to the ground. Which I did do a little when I first started throwing my Wizard. Once it got a little more broken in and I got a consistent release that went away. I think it can do that more than some putters since it is fairly strable when new.

Now that I have seen you putt I would only give you 2 pieces of true advice. First, pick whatever putter you like and stick with it. Do not let yourself change again. Pretend the other putters are your addiction, and if you use one you'll die. I think the Challenger, Wizard or any other stable putter will be good for you based on what I have seen of your form. Second, try to make your putting motion a little smoother. You have a powerful, violent release for a putt. It doesn't look smooth or fluid in any way. When you shoot your approaches you are smooth and consistent as can be and they are money. Accurate as can be from anywhere from about 50-100'. I think if you can get that kind of smooth motion into your putts, you'll be fine.

Have a short memory and just assume you are going to make it. If you miss, make sure you forget it by the next hole. If you think it is out of your range then i think you already missed it. Jsut throw your anny approach shot. You are so good at that, that I think you'd have a btter chance hitting chains with that shot than you would with a putt you're not confident in. Keep working on it. Hope to see some 30-footers next time I am there.

yes, yes, yes....it's great in windy conditions too.

I have been working on driving with it in these cold MI winter months.

I like wizards but I can't find one in a plastic that is right for all occasions...I'd need like 3 depending on what shot I was going to take...proline/evolution/sss..s?

I need one in a different plastic than what I keep finding.

Maybe a clear evo that's been broken in for a loooong time?

\/\/

I think 2 different plastics are good. A SSS or SS for putting and approaches depending on what feel you prefer, and a HPP EV or medium for driving. I got a few glows and a medium that I am using for drives. The plastic is more firm and the white shows up well from a distance.

I have a FLX Challenger, a Cryztal FLX Challenger, and a Cryztal Challenger. I love them. The Crystal FLX is my goto putter within about 40 feet or so, the Cryztal Challenger is alot stiffer than the FLX and is a great approach disc for those longer shots. I used to be a JK Pro Aviar guy, but I fell in love with the challenger, the Cryztal FLX is nice and gummy, loves to stick to the chains! :)

I have a FLX Challenger, a Cryztal FLX Challenger, and a Cryztal Challenger. I love them. The Crystal FLX is my goto putter within about 40 feet or so, the Cryztal Challenger is alot stiffer than the FLX and is a great approach disc for those longer shots. I used to be a JK Pro Aviar guy, but I fell in love with the challenger, the Cryztal FLX is nice and gummy, loves to stick to the chains! :)

When this thread started I had 3 challengers. FLX, Soft Elite X, CryZtal.

I've added a Pro D and Cryztal FLX.

\/\/

i just got my first 170g flx challenger this past nov. and it really improved my putting game. i used to use a rhyno, but this thing just flies so much better, like midnightbiker said, it is very predictable...it is also a good disc to drive with on shorter holes...

i can definitely say that this is one great putter...i dont think i will use anything else for a while, unless i hear better reviews on another disc.

I just got a elite x soft challenger as a prize in a tourney today. i really like the feel of it.

thoughts on the soft challenger?

I just got a elite x soft challenger as a prize in a tourney today. i really like the feel of it.

thoughts on the soft challenger?

I prefer the FLX.

Soft Challengers feel great, but they get beat up very quickly in my experience. Your soft Challenger would probably make a nice pure putter, but I didn't like mine for drives and approaches because every tree you hit with any speed will gash/gouge that sweet silky plastic.

FLX Challengers are $$$$$

thanks. i'll give it a shot at putting maybe and also driving/approaches. if i like it ill try out some in flx

thanks. i'll give it a shot at putting maybe and also driving/approaches. if i like it ill try out some in flx

Don't be afraid to throw it for approach shots, that's where I feel like the Challenger really shines.

I'm just warning you that if you like it, you'll be buying another one in not too long.

Challengers are the bees knees! Flx challengers fling out the hand ZING. Soft X challengers are butter after a year of break in, but those flx are damm controllable on the throw or the putt. Mines got the stable flat top. only con on solid puts i've had some pole hits that trampoline the flx right back out.

Anyone had this problem with Flx or do they break in so the trampoline action stops?

I carry two FLX Challengers in my bag to putt with and a Cryztal Challenger to drive with and for really long upshots. I've also been flirting with the idea of putting my old Elite X Challenger in the bag again for anhyzer drives.

My favorite disc of all-time for 250 and in, but I love the FLX specifically for putting.

I carry two FLX Challengers in my bag to putt with and a Cryztal Challenger to drive with and for really long upshots. I've also been flirting with the idea of putting my old Elite X Challenger in the bag again for anhyzer drives.

My favorite disc of all-time for 250 and in, but I love the FLX specifically for putting.

Does the Cryztal fly differently than the FLX? More stable?

Latest posts