• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone been injured playing disc golf?

rhinos00

Par Member
Long story short, I was out playing disc golf yesterday by myself and overstepped the cement tee pad on my follow through. I throw RHBH so when my left foot landed 4" lower and over the pad I heard a loud pop! A couple walking their dog saw me and stopped to help me out. I told them I would try to walk to my car (probably 5 football fields away). However, when I got up I got really dizzy and I couldn't see because everything was really bright and blurry.

The couple ended up calling an ambulance and I now have a broken ankle. As I left the hospital (and on my way in) I could see people laughing or smiling because I was injured playing disc golf. Oh well :eek:

Anyone else out there been seriously injured playing this game? To my consolation I went back for my Star Destroyer and it was still there...right around the 390 foot mark.

Last edited:
theres tons of threads on this already dude. But yeah, I've torn some stuff in my ankle playing dg. stepped in a groundhog hole and screwed my ankle up big time.

OUCH! that sucks man.

I have never had any serious injuries on the course.. just some sore muscles, and once I hyper extended my knee but that is mostly because of a preexisting issue.

theres tons of threads on this already dude.

True, true. But new people are joining the site all the time and I don't really want to go searching through older threads right now as this was more about me just venting my frustrations. Plus injures happen all the time :\

True, true. But new people are joining the site all the time and I don't really want to go searching through older threads right now as this was more about me just venting my frustrations. Plus injures happen all the time :\

yeah I wasn't trying to prerube ya or anything ;)

Yeah, I stepped in a hidden hole on a course and fell forward. My knee landed on a metal gas line that was sticking vertically up out of the ground with a flat cap over it. So the edge caught my knee just under the knee cap and cut in a bit and tried to take my knee cap off. I finished the round and went to the emergency room. Luckily, it wasn't all that bad, and I was limping for a couple of weeks, but then it cleared up. The course decided to get that gas line moved off the course, so it's not there anymore.

A friend of mine tried to learn to throw, and tore her ACL on the first day just trying to throw. She decided that disc golf is not her game.

I shattered my ankle playing basketball years ago, so I can sympathize with how painful that is, and how frustrating the recovery is going to be. I hope you heal fast and well.

Last edited:
yeah I wasn't trying to prerube ya or anything ;)

I just searched the word prerube on google because its used so often here to refer to Prerube posting "its been posted before , heres the link" type of posts and I didnt know if he took his name from something else, or if DGCR has pinned a new internet term. The first few things that comes up in google are vaginal cream.. :p haha.. just thought it was funny!

[/thread jack over]

My roommate stepped in a creek to get his disc and slipped between 2 rocks and fractured his foot. He had a walking cast for about 2 weeks.

I've only had the minor scratches and stuff happen. However I did break my foot throwing discus in high school if that counts :D.

I kicked a curb in front of a tee pad 2 weeks ago and my toe still hurts. Couldnt really walk for 3 days, couldnt play for a week and a half.

A buddy of mine got 4 stiches after a chick grip locked her drive from 40ft right into his face. That was last weekend at the DD mckinney pro/am. It tanked his round as well. Best part about it, the girl didnt even apoligize, just kinda blamed him for being in her way and then left.

I've almost seriously injured my right ankle twice in the last month. One with a jump putt and me landing on a rogue log/stick at Dorey Park. Then just today I stepped into a hole covered with leaves and tweaked it again. No breaks or serious strains luckily.

I fell in that hole on #8 once. I never quite got over that either . . .

I had a bad day at Oak Grove about 3 years ago. I threw my drive on 4 and stepped over the front of the teepad. I didn't quite realize it was a 12-18" drop off the end and the ground is really uneven. I heard something snap in my right ankle and went down. It was only about 130pm on a weekday so no one was really there at that point. I sat for about 20 mins and decided to try to finish out the front 9. I was walking up to my 2nd shot on 9 when I stepped on a rock with my left foot that looked stable but wasn't. It rolled and took my left ankle with it. I didn't know how bad it was until I got home and took off my shoes and socks. Both ankles were bordering on black and swollen. I never went to a hospital for it but it was a good month before I was even marginally normal.

Big drive off third to last hole at Centennial Park just outside Dallas. First time I had played the course and wasn't completely aware that there was a small railroad tie buried at the end of the tee... Hit my foot at the end of my drive and fell like a dumbass over the end of the tee. The real damage wasn't the fall however... The railroad tie actually tore the nail off of my big toe and fractured the next toe over.. Finished out the round and then went to play 36 more holes at two near by courses in Cedar Hills... I'm a cross between hardcore and stupid bcs I couldn't walk for three days after. It was worth it!

yes, all this walking in deep snow for 2 or 3 rounds a day is is messing up my knees. heavy boots, heavy snow, lately i'm limping by the end.

also, i got backhanded in the face one time when a dude was throwing a random disc for no reason while walking.

I tomahawked my champ boss next to a hole at my local course and my friend was near the hole. When I walked up to the hole i see him holding his head and he was bright red ( in anger lol ) he moved his hand and there was a huge cut on his head lmao.

I have also had knee surgery( tore my meniscus playing baseball) and that hurts when i walk up or down hills sometimes.This is all part of being a 17 year old haha