• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backyard Disc Golf Course Ideas

donatdiscs

Bogey Member
I have 2 baskets on my property right now and plan to get a few more.

Frame-01170.png

I don't have any trees but want to make a few holes if possible.

My main idea is to create mandos right off the bat.

Have it where I have 3 mando angles to shoot through depending on which basket I am throwing towards.

This could allow me to throw from a single pad towards multiple baskets.

This could be as easy as a concrete pad and having posts put up that can then later be used for an awning or roof of some sort.

The left/right/middle posts can be the mandos.

Other than that all I can think of is putting in large poles/telephone poles but could never justify the cost just to create fake ass trees lol.

At the furthest distance on my property I have a good 300'-310' distance wise before getting into my neighbors property.

I keep thinking mandos will keep my discs in my property and make it harder than just straight approach shots.

Anyone have any backyard course ideas to make it more fun without waiting for trees to grow lol.

I have planted trees this year and will continue but that is like waiting for paint to dry for 5-10 years lol.

Now some courses have castle wall or a square to throw through or even a water hazard.

Many ideas but man do I wish I had trees on my property.

Hoping someone out there has already gone through this and have some ideas that haven't entered my brain hole just yet.

I tried to read your post

It turned my mind to toast

I read to half way

Flummoxed by how you say

I gave up the fight

Maintained my sight

For your prose

What it says, god only knows

I think you have your bullets feature turned on. :oops: Seriously, I lost interest half way through your post.

Last edited:
Good for you! You have space and enthusiasm. Add challenges like Mando forehand. Mando anhyzer. Mando roller. Looks like you probably have lots of wind there, practice 50'-150' upshots when the dust blows. Wedge a 2x4 in a cement block for instant and portable obstacles to direct the shot. Have some close to basket to add challenge on the green. Run some rope between posts to prep you for drives on low ceiling courses.

Good for you! You have space and enthusiasm. Add challenges like Mando forehand. Mando anhyzer. Mando roller. Looks like you probably have lots of wind there, practice 50'-150' upshots when the dust blows. Wedge a 2x4 in a cement block for instant and portable obstacles to direct the shot. Have some close to basket to add challenge on the green. Run some rope between posts to prep you for drives on low ceiling courses.
The 2x4 in the cement block is exactly the idea I needed! I can easily set that up and move it around until I dial in the different holes. From there I can start planting more trees based off of testing different possible tree locations. Right on!

I have 2 baskets on my property right now and plan to get a few more.

View attachment 330095

I don't have any trees but want to make a few holes if possible.

My main idea is to create mandos right off the bat.

Have it where I have 3 mando angles to shoot through depending on which basket I am throwing towards.

This could allow me to throw from a single pad towards multiple baskets.

This could be as easy as a concrete pad and having posts put up that can then later be used for an awning or roof of some sort.

The left/right/middle posts can be the mandos.

Other than that all I can think of is putting in large poles/telephone poles but could never justify the cost just to create fake ass trees lol.

At the furthest distance on my property I have a good 300'-310' distance wise before getting into my neighbors property.

I keep thinking mandos will keep my discs in my property and make it harder than just straight approach shots.

Anyone have any backyard course ideas to make it more fun without waiting for trees to grow lol.

I have planted trees this year and will continue but that is like waiting for paint to dry for 5-10 years lol.

Now some courses have castle wall or a square to throw through or even a water hazard.

Many ideas but man do I wish I had trees on my property.

Hoping someone out there has already gone through this and have some ideas that haven't entered my brain hole just yet.
You can always get cones and set them up. If you got 24-30 cones you can really set them up and get great practice that way. Use that little utility trailer as some kind of obstacle too! Be creative!! Before getting my indoor net, used eggrate, quilts, boxes, you name it. It kinda took me back to being a kid making forts and stuff, except I was making a wall! It wasn't real pretty, but it was my early stages of starting form!! Good luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpeg
    IMG_2601.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
You can always get cones and set them up. If you got 24-30 cones you can really set them up and get great practice that way. Use that little utility trailer as some kind of obstacle too! Be creative!! Before getting my indoor net, used eggrate, quilts, boxes, you name it. It kinda took me back to being a kid making forts and stuff, except I was making a wall! It wasn't real pretty, but it was my early stages of starting form!! Good luck!!
I like the utility trailer idea for sure! That thing needs to get moved anyways lol. I do need to get cones for sure. Thanks for the ideas.

Artificial Christmas trees are your friend! I have several on my home course and they're great as putting obstacles and line blockers. They come in handy with the constant loss of ash trees around here. Easily installed. Pound a metal post in the ground and drop it over it. This is a great time of year to find them free after the holidays. Check Craigslist and FB Marketplace or the curb on trash day. Used carpet makes a great cheap tee pad also. Easily found in dumpsters out back of carpet stores. Good luck with your project.

Incorporate your structures in the safest possible way, like use the side that doesn't have windows. Tuck the basket or tee off around the corner a bit. If you are worried about windows cut a piece of plywood to cover it and just leave a couple cup hooks or screws to hang it off of for rounds. When people show up at my place I put up the plywood blast shield on my honeys she shed, I'd hate to lose that window, I'd never hear the end of it.

Cheap or free metal tube tarp garages can make a cool tunnel. I've picked up a few for free before, usually a tree came down and knocked out the tarp and the last 10ft kinda thing.

Looks like you have a gap between your livestock fencing you could throw through or into.

Last edited:
I want to have a hole where you have to throw over my house but man do windows cost a pretty penny these days lol. I like the idea of putting some sort of board or blockage for sure. I was just hoping my skills will outweigh the random slip shot but who knows lol. I actually just took down a Quonset on my property that would be a perfect tunnel shot for sure. Great idea!

The artificial tree option is a solid one as well. My only issue would be the wild life here, when they see a home they take it over lol. A temp tree idea I had would be those car dealership fan guys that flip and fly around. Run a couple cords out to them and turn them on, bonus would be scaring away the pigeons that always want to eat all of my chickens and ducks food.

Artificial trees however would be perfect for putting in front of baskets for the day of when practicing for sure. Just have to bring them in before some random animal claims it and tries to defend it like he is in sparta lol. Awesome ideas!

Latest posts