• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Annoying fast players behind you

This is kind of why I like playing winter (snow) rounds. Nobody else is out there, it's cold of course. But it's a great contrast to the majority of your other rounds throughout the year. The winter's been weird here, probably for you too. Normally the first snow round is around Thanksgiving or early December. The snow is fresh, glistening, and it's just a fantastic time to be throwing discs. This year we had no snow for Christmas which is crazy.

I assumed that when winter came, I'd have to hang it up for 3 or 4 months. I'm not going out in sub-zero temps, but last week was the first one where I didn't get a round in. I agree--the winter rounds are very serene.

Bassett is a fine park course. Maybe 2.5 rated generously. If I was a resident of Crystal I'd be questioning where my taxpayer money went regarding payment to Cale.

You don't seem to get it. Sometimes we just want to go out and throw minimizing the distractions. Sometimes it just about being outside getting away from the noise of the world, not submerging yourself in it. Try is sometime, it is nice, lol.
I get it. I'm merely offering a different possible way of dealing with it. Unless a course is your back yard, we have little control over who else is playing there. There are different ways of coping.

Bassett is a fine park course. Maybe 2.5 rated generously.

Eye of the beholder. Personally, when I think a course is really good at being what it is, 4's are not out of the question.

Eye of the beholder. Personally, when I think a course is really good at being what it is, 4's are not out of the question.
aint no way in hell bassett is a 4

play almost everything around the tc and youll see bassett drop down towards a 2.5/average type rating

it has the bare basics down and is fun enough but its def middle of the pack

4 (and above) is something worth someones time when traveling to a new area and bassett is rarely included in that conversation and if it is its usually due to proximity rather than quality

i appreciate the push back and no doubt one can have enjoyable rounds out there and a nice day in the park but its not on bethel or lakewood or bryant or brp level

really to echo playrecords i also think play moar and report back

I don't have to defend it. Of course, anyone else is free to see it otherwise, and write that review.

Well said, and true. Those guys should step their review game up a bit too tbh. Kinda slacking fellas...

* I've only played the extinct layout*

*didn't review it*

* I still*
Potty Mouth Illustration GIF by Josie Norton

4 (and above) is something worth someones time when traveling to a new area and bassett is rarely included in that conversation and if it is its usually due to proximity rather than quality

i appreciate the push back and no doubt one can have enjoyable rounds out there and a nice day in the park but its not on bethel or lakewood or bryant or brp level

really to echo playrecords i also think play moar and report back
I think most DGCR members are quite aligned with elmex & playrecords on how we interpret ratings of 4.0 and above.

A course can be well executed, solid, cover the basics well, and be a really fun round, but not worth planning a road trip for. Most of us look at 4.0 and above to mean, "This course is something you might want to consider planning a trip for."

Personally, I'd be disappointed if used vacation time and money to play a collection of "quite solid, but nothing out of the ordinary," courses.

Those courses might be nice filler to fit in around truly excellent courses, but they're not the reason we're making the trip.

Last edited:
And just to be clear, I'm not trying to promote a group think mentality. It's not about saying I think this course is so so you should only think it's fair to middlin'.

It's about making sure that high ratings are meaningful and that those courses somehow distinguish themselves.

nevermind.

Last edited:
I caught up with a group yesterday and they invited me to play along or pass through. I took the former, and wish that were more often the case.
Yep! Happens pretty often to me and I love it. Met so many cool people out there.

One of my favorites was in NJ at Greystone Woods. Joined up with this foursome of older guys on some kind of disc golf Mecca across the country and leaving for Norway in a week or so.

Gave me some good life goals.