• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

Is only one guide allowed per course?

I volunteered as a guide on 2 or 3 courses just now, I saw one that had a guide, and did not see the volunteer option.

I hope not! It would be good for multiple people to be guides, just based on schedules and stuff.

Like I said earlier I play mostly during the day when a lot of people are at work. People on vacation are probably playing at that time of day etc.

But the semi-locals aren't going to be available when I am, so they'd need a different guide.

\/\/

I hope not! It would be good for multiple people to be guides, just based on schedules and stuff.

Like I said earlier I play mostly during the day when a lot of people are at work. People on vacation are probably playing at that time of day etc.

But the semi-locals aren't going to be available when I am, so they'd need a different guide.

\/\/

i cant imagine its only one guide/course. if thats the case, i should resign...cant...handle...the PRESSURE.....:wall:

I'm a guide on 6 courses... but, sadly never been asked to guide.
Has anyone ever been asked to guide?
DSCJNKY

like i said i think that feature is very underexposed and almost as useful as the course info and locations themselves...maybe timmy should bring the button closer to the top to make it more visible. anyone have any ideas how we could get the guides more love?

I just signed up as a guide for a local course. I agree that the guides feature should be more prominent on the main page of the course info. That way more people will sign up to be a guide and more people will ask for one. I think it is a feature that I don't even think about most of the time when trying out a new course, but I will try more in the future.

I've been flagged as a guide for my home course for at least six months or more -- no one's contacted me yet.

Ok, you talked me into it, I'm now a guide at my local courses.

im a guide at two local courses. i havent been contacted yet either. i think that most people (myself included) like to play new courses by themselves. unless of course it is an awesome course or really hard to navigate.

not me...i always seek out someone to show me where the tees, pins and good lines are.

do you see many golfers from other areas on your local course?

Yeah, we do. It's always busy, except in the early morning hours, and it's rare to play a full round without someone on the course asking for directions to the next tee, etc. Always out-of-state plates in the parking lot. And there are only 5 courses with more reviews here on DGCR, which to me indicates that there's a lot of folks from all over finding their way here, and that a fair number of them are familiar with the site.

I think I am a guide for 4 course and never been contacted. On my road trip this winter I am thinking of finding the people who are guides at the courses I plan on hitting up. We will see if anyone actually sets themselves up as guides.

more people should sign up to be guides. more guides, to me, equals more motivation to travel and see foreign courses through the eyes of the course locals. invaluable perspective.

So are there multiple guides or not? Because if there are multiple guides then I'm signing up, and promoting it.

Maybe I'll make some of those DGCR Business Cards with my info on the back Will A. Carpenter DGCR #7915 "You will probably beat me, but hey I know where the tees, baskets and best place to take a leak are"

\/\/

And I just signed up as a guide to every course that I semi regularly play.

The problem being nobody is ever going to choose me as a guide because it says my years playing...which is nothing. Oh well.

Also for some reason my Age doesn't show up...

\/\/

I signed up as a guide for two courses several months ago, but nobody from this site has ever asked me to guide them. That doesn't stop me from helping first-timers find their way around when I see them on the course. :)