• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Atlanta to St. Louis

BucaMan

I have a disc golf enthusiast friend who is road-tripping from Atlanta GA to St. Louis MO (and back). What must-visit courses do you recommend visiting on the way there/back that are pretty close to the route between these cities? Thanks!

can you give moar info with likes/dislikes

regardless tbh in that stretch there isnt anything your friend couldnt live without

i personally would drive two hours west of stl to play harmony bends

also if your friend isnt a cheap ass there is eagles crossing in mo that is supposed to be the next sliced bread (but i personally havent played it)

Cedar Hill and Cane Ridge are both just off the interstate in Nashville (Cedar Hill is off I-65 and Cane Ridge is off I-24). Both are great courses, but they're not top of the world courses if that's what you're looking for.

In Nashville, Cedar Hill and Seven Oaks.

Foundation Park in Centralia, IL.

North of St. Louis, Eagle's Crossing is worth the stop and the price tag to schedule a tee time in advance.

In StL, I recommend Jefferson Barracks and Wilmore Park with a lunch stop at Tacos Wey. The are close to each other and provide a nice full day.

Two courses and lunch is a FULL day? ;)

But seriously, the Foundation Park - Championship is a MUST and there's another course at the same park too.

I thought Foundation Champ 18 was the best course in the St. Louis area. The 2nd course on site has been expanded to 18 since I played there.

If I'm not mistaken, there are now two courses at Jefferson Barracks, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, there are now two courses at Jefferson Barracks, as well.

You are correct. There are now two courses there. The Bunker opened around three years ago I believe. It was still pretty rough around the edges when I played it, but **** fun.

Foundation and Harmony Bends makes St. Louis this really hard thing to recommend courses to play because a) there are a bunch of them that are very, very good and b) none of them are as good as Foundation and Harmony Bends (my cheapness makes me omit Eagle's Crossing, but if your wallet is loose it should be on the list as well). So we can play "I like Sioux Passage/no, go to Logan/don't sleep on Konarcik/everybody knows Jefferson Barracks is the place to play/etc. and list our personal favorites. Carrollton, New Melle, Quail, Rock Springs, Godfrey...Maybe throw in Hudson or Unger for more of a birdie round. Maybe Wilmore? All of them have their highs and lows, all of them are very good places to throw, none of them are Foundation or Harmony Bends.

In Nashville, Cedar Hill and Seven Oaks.

Foundation Park in Centralia, IL.

North of St. Louis, Eagle's Crossing is worth the stop and the price tag to schedule a tee time in advance.
Is Cane Ridge worth a stop?

Oggwood is highly rated, but it's got one of those "the owner was so nice and the vibe was really cool" bumps. If he wants a place that will let him camp and soak up cool vibes, it's out there. It looks like you wouldn't go specifically for the golf.

Is Cane Ridge worth a stop?

Oggwood is highly rated, but it's got one of those "the owner was so nice and the vibe was really cool" bumps. If he wants a place that will let him camp and soak up cool vibes, it's out there. It looks like you wouldn't go specifically for the golf.

3P's spot on about Oggwood. The disc golf is good. The owner is great. I suspect Oggwood is a great time for certain events and glow rounds, where the atmosphere and company make it special.

But for a casual round, based solely on the disc play, probably in the 3.25-3.5 range.

I can't comment on the whole ride, but assuming they have played the ATL metro courses;

Etowah/Gatewood in Cartersville are well worth the play, as are Westside and Edwards in Dalton. Don't play Westside right now it's under construction.

If you have time to slot a 9 in there Jack Maddux is a fun little play.

the Sinks/Dallas Island are both worth a stop in Chattanooga but only do Dallas Island if it's during the week too many campers on the later fairways on a weekend. If they are more advanced(or crazy like me) you could do the Sinks and Narrows back to back for 36 holes in the one location. Take note though, the Narrows is fresh and very tight.

Up towards Nashville I just played Cedar Hill and it's pretty great. Highly Recommend.

Latest posts