• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Avenger Throwers

My first run is very stable. Any hyzer angle and it fades very quickly at 400' of power or so. Snapped hard and flat it's dead straight for about 275', then fades just as hard as my Z preds.

I always wondered why the Avenger was SO COMMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the Avenger "SS".......Like the Surge and the Surge SS, which are fairly similar but noticeably different.....but the diff between an Avenger and an Avenger SS is across the spectrum!

I tried X Avengers for a while and found them very nose angle sensitive, but recently have tried X Preds, and they are just as sensitive so seems to be plastic more than mold for whatever reason.

Im throwing ESP Preds for what you describe.

FLX Predator myself...they rock.

FLX Predator myself...they rock.

Still waiting to field test my FLX to see where it fits in with the plastic. I guess I would just give it a dry run on the course if I thought it was going to excel at something my other Preds are not, but I just havent seen the need. Probably should as Im wondering if its going to fly closer to ESP or Z. Maybe it will be completely different.

Z Avenger SS for me. Good distance. thinking of getting a ESP. the Z is slightly turning right on me now, which I like to have.

Have to chime in on this one..

Z Avenger is my primary driver, my workhorse if you will. I threw champ Teebirds for many many years but switched to the Avenger because:
1. I like the way it feels in my hand. The bottom rim is sharp. I can grip it hard.
2. Love the way it flies. Very consistent, but it does depend on plastic and wear like any other disc.
3. Surprising distance. I throw a Nuke as my longer range driver but it doesn't really go that much farther then my Avenger.

In general, a brand new Z Avenger is overstable. It takes a while for it to wear in.
The first run Z to me seem less stable when brand new.

My favorite run is very rare (and I'm always looking to pay cash for these). They are marked Z Avengers but the plastic looks and feels like X (opaque). Usually they are orange and they were created around 2006-2007. If you can get some of these they are so sweet. Good grip, flat, fast and very glidey with a long straight flight and predictable fade.

I also have a quadruple stamped clear Z Avenger that is flat like a pancake. Right now that is my favorite one in my bag but it also is not as stable as your typical new Z Avenger. I like them a little worn in so that with a slight hyzer release it will straighten out and carry for a long time.

Thanks for letting me rant about one of my favorite discs ever made.

I love me some avengers. I tried tbirds this past fall but didn't see a benifit over avengers.
I carry a heavy z for head winds and thumbers, a beat esp for general goto duties, and an x for fliptastic goodness.

I would love to get my hands on some opaque avengers as I loved the talons and storms that were run in the same plastic.

I have two ESP Avengers. Both are meathooks for me for two reasons, one because I only throw 300 ft and two because I don't play enough to beat the piss out of them.

They feel very comfortable in my hand and I've kept them in the trunk for that magical time when I'm ready to "step up".

I've used them as an overstable driver for awhile until I got a FLX Predator. Pretty much the same lines but the Pred is more dependable. If I snapped the Avenger good (on accident...) it would sail by the target where the Pred would meathook at the same spot every time.

If anyone really wants a Yellow or Green ESP Avenger slightly used... let me know.

Picked up an X Avenger this weekend - I love it. Brand new it's almost dead straight, I'm sure one good tree whack will turn it into a nice 350' frozen rope disc :)