• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Honor

Snaques

Eagle Member
Been throwing the Getaway as my straight to overstable 9 speed. The one I've been bagging for more than a year has become rather straight so I started looking for a more of a straight to fade disc to complement it. I've tried a few new Getaways, but finally gave a chance to the Honor and am so glad I did.

I saw some reviews of the Honor online and it always seemed too overstable for my 400' max arm speed. Maybe they were throwing the first runs, which felt a lot more OS in the hand, but the stock run Tristan Tanner Honor is just perfect. I can throw it maybe 350 and it goes dead straight for maybe 80% of the flight and then has the reliable fade. Also I just love the Royal Grand / Supreme plastic so that was a nice bonus.

After throwing the two molds for quite a few throws, I feel like there is a difference and it's not that one is more OS than the other. The Getaway seems to have a more mellow and forward pushing fade, but one that kicks in surprisingly early. For me this flight isn't that useful on most shots. However, when it beats in it becomes just very straight flier with a mellow fade that is money.

Honor on the other hand seems to hold straight for longer, but has more dramatic fade. I don't quite know how it will beat in and if it starts to flip up a bit, but when new it handled even moderate winds just fine.

Currently I plan to bag the beat in Getaway and the newer Honor, which compliment each other perfectly. I'll have to see how the Honor beats in and don't quite know what I would do if I lost the beat in Getaway, but for the time being I'm one happy camper.

EDIT. If my memory serves me well, the Honor is really PD like.
EDIT2. Also, I'm a bit lost with the search function on this new layout, so forgive me if there was an Honor thread already.

9 speed Evader / Sergeant?

Trilogy brands (Lat64 design) have attempted the 9-10 speed workhorse OS discs pretty much every year or two. I really haven't thrown many/any of these but listing them out takes some time.
Lat64: Honor, Saint Pro, Musket, Culverin, Zion, Primitus
Westside: Longbowman, Fortress, Sampo
DD: Getaway, Convict, Felon

Wonder how the Honor compares to the latest Discmania Vanguard & PD releases.

9 speed Evader / Sergeant?

Trilogy brands (Lat64 design) have attempted the 9-10 speed workhorse OS discs pretty much every year or two. I really haven't thrown many/any of these but listing them out takes some time.
Lat64: Honor, Saint Pro, Musket, Culverin, Zion, Primitus
Westside: Longbowman, Fortress, Sampo
DD: Getaway, Convict, Felon

Wonder how the Honor compares to the latest Discmania Vanguard & PD releases.
Idk about the Tristan Tanner version but our local Trilogy Stan has been throwing the FR Honor a lot, and his (he has 2 or 3) replaced some of his felons.

He likened it to a glidier Firebird or a very overstable Thunderbird, like 9/5/0/3-3.5. He throws around 400' consistently and can push a great golf line up to 430', for reference.

Idk about the Tristan Tanner version but our local Trilogy Stan has been throwing the FR Honor a lot, and his (he has 2 or 3) replaced some of his felons.

He likened it to a glidier Firebird or a very overstable Thunderbird, like 9/5/0/3-3.5. He throws around 400' consistently and can push a great golf line up to 430', for reference.
From what I can tell based on how the two discs feel in the hand, the FR ones feel a lot more overstable. Most reviews online seem to be based on the FRs so I was rather surprised to se how long the TT Honor held straight before fadin out. Definitely not a Felon by any means.

I got a 172g champ thunderbird for my overstable DD and I can attest to the 9|5|0|3. I can throw it straight for about 225-250 feet (my max is 300) and then it dumps on me hard to the right.

I got a 172g champ thunderbird for my overstable DD and I can attest to the 9|5|0|3. I can throw it straight for about 225-250 feet (my max is 300) and then it dumps on me hard to the right.
Yeah, I'm not much of a 9 speed girl, but thundies can be a little bit of a crap shoot from my limited experience. I had a champ that was at least as overstable as any champ firebird I've had and I've thrown fresh-ish max weight stars that went straight with a hint of fade.

It depends on how you like to build your bag whether that's a feature or a bug.

For me, I use a slightly beat star teebird as my main, accurate, straight driver, then for max distance I hyzerflip my heat. Thunderbird is more for uphill or into the wind drives, or also utility shots.