• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Tern?

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi all,

I've been throwing the Champ Tern for a bit now and really enjoy it. I bought a pair of twins and alternated each throw (carried both) to break them in evenly or often threw both if nobody was behind me. Lost one unfortunately. Window shopping more and playing less than I used to I'm debating trying out the Pro plastic ones...usually I stick to Champ/Z style plastic for drivers. Honorable mention to Gstar.

I know Star/Gstar/Pro all have -3/2 as flight numbers while Champ is -2/2.

Do any of you have experience with the Pro vs. any plastic I mentioned? Champion comparison would be best but I've thrown Innova for many years so I know how all the plastic types *TEND* to effect a molds flight.

Thanks!

I've thrown a couple pro Terns. Honestly, not impressed. They don't fly any better than other plastics. The pro Terns I've seen have been inexplicably flat and fairly glideless. They'll turn over OK, but won't penetrate or bomb.

You'd probably be better off with champion or star. Look for Terns with big domes. The flat ones don't work.

Sadbump.jpg
I've thrown a couple pro Terns. Honestly, not impressed. They don't fly any better than other plastics. The pro Terns I've seen have been inexplicably flat and fairly glideless. They'll turn over OK, but won't penetrate or bomb.

You'd probably be better off with champion or star. Look for Terns with big domes. The flat ones don't work.
Not gonna lie I was hoping you'd chime in, I know you've spent far too much time comparing drivers lol.

Thank you sir!

In my experience, Pro plastic will fly great for awhile, but then it becomes too beat in and gets very, very understable.
I had a Pro Destroyer that I could flip and it would fly great. Now it flips and keeps heading right or dumps over completely.
The nice thing about Champ plastic is it basically flys the same forever in my opinion.

Hi all,

I've been throwing the Champ Tern for a bit now and really enjoy it. I bought a pair of twins and alternated each throw (carried both) to break them in evenly or often threw both if nobody was behind me. Lost one unfortunately. Window shopping more and playing less than I used to I'm debating trying out the Pro plastic ones...usually I stick to Champ/Z style plastic for drivers. Honorable mention to Gstar.

I know Star/Gstar/Pro all have -3/2 as flight numbers while Champ is -2/2.

Do any of you have experience with the Pro vs. any plastic I mentioned? Champion comparison would be best but I've thrown Innova for many years so I know how all the plastic types *TEND* to effect a molds flight.

Thanks!
I only max out at 265', so my views might not apply to you. I use a lot of 148-150g Terns. Pro starts out great for me - straight, slight fade at the end. Several of them, and after they beat in some, they get a bit more under-stable. Champion - I only have one, still pretty new, and definitely a bit more stable than the pros were when new. Thinking it should beat in nice for me. I started out with 137-139g Star Terns, and they beat in to more flippy than the 150g pros. I have to hyzer them - thrown flat they flip into rollers. Not sure if it is the Star plastic, or the lighter weight, or maybe even that they were my first Terns, used longest, and got more roughed up.

^I appreciate any and all input!
If it helps, I think my 137-139g Star Terns are not flat, but have the least dome of the three. My Pros seem a tiny bit softer and more dome (not big dome, but more than the Stars), and the Champion seems the softest and most dome of the three.

If it helps, I think my 137-139g Star Terns are not flat, but have the least dome of the three. My Pros seem a tiny bit softer and more dome (not big dome, but more than the Stars), and the Champion seems the softest and most dome of the three.
It does whether you've been playing for a month or a decade. I've been at it a long time so I can interpret the data to suit my needs.

Thanks again,

Latest posts