• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Just got an electron firm envy in honor of JC and the numbers on the disc say 3/3/-1/2. Does MVP change numbers for different plastics? I got it to pair with my eclipse envy and to be fair they both match the numbers on each disc

Just got an electron firm envy in honor of JC and the numbers on the disc say 3/3/-1/2. Does MVP change numbers for different plastics? I got it to pair with my eclipse envy and to be fair they both match the numbers on each disc

I thought the base Electron plastic were the less stable molds. I'm still in the 'want one' camp. Never thrown one. Let me know if it's special.
:thmbup:

Yup numbers are different, look again. A standard envy is 3/3/0/2

I've got a couple electron soft and they are less stable for sure but I don't remember them starting off that way. Seemed to me they just started breaking in at the two month mark, instead of two years.

The thing I notice most with electron is the extra glide.

My electrons are not less OS initially, but after a few months they are. They are pretty darn long though. I threw one at a 293 ft hole the other day and it was about 20 long.

I thought the base Electron plastic were the less stable molds. I'm still in the 'want one' camp. Never thrown one. Let me know if it's special.
:thmbup:

The electron is a little easier to flip than the reactor so I guess the manufacturer knows what they're talking about. I'd say it's worth getting your hands on one in whatever plastic you can find if you like to throw putters. Haven't really tried putting with them tbh

The electron is a little easier to flip than the reactor so I guess the manufacturer knows what they're talking about. I'd say it's worth getting your hands on one in whatever plastic you can find if you like to throw putters. Haven't really tried putting with them tbh

I used to putt with them, and actually still use an eclipse to putt in glow season.

Works good if you are a spin putter and don't putt with much hyzer.

I used to putt with them, and actually still use an eclipse to putt in glow season.

Works good if you are a spin putter and don't putt with much hyzer.

Hmmmmmmmm I think I'm some hybrid lob,spin putter, but I almost always putt a hyzer stall.. Especially with the envy. It goes pretty straight in the circle even on a 45 degree and it splashes the chains nicely that way and always sits down. Further out 25+ ft I just flatten it more. I guess I'm not entirely sure what you mean haha :D but you're wrong. Whatever you mean :D

The glow envy 174 is why I shelved the reactor (176) the envy is familiar to my power level and it really does the same stuff for me, a little shorter but I can flex it straighter.

Hmmmmmmmm I think I'm some hybrid lob,spin putter, but I almost always putt a hyzer stall.. Especially with the envy. It goes pretty straight in the circle even on a 45 degree and it splashes the chains nicely that way and always sits down. Further out 25+ ft I just flatten it more. I guess I'm not entirely sure what you mean haha :D but you're wrong. Whatever you mean :D

The glow envy 174 is why I shelved the reactor (176) the envy is familiar to my power level and it really does the same stuff for me, a little shorter but I can flex it straighter.
Hahaha, what I mean; spin putt+hyzer=suboptimal fading putt

Sounds like yours isn't spinning fast enough to fail in that method.

Hahaha, what I mean; spin putt+hyzer=suboptimal fading putt

Sounds like yours isn't spinning fast enough to fail in that method.

Well you're probably right there, it's not a super spinner.... Haha.

The thing I find most putting with hyzer is that it gains lift or hold height a little better. I guess not really a 45 degree angle but a solid 20. My theory is that the stability kicks in and forces the nose up for a little glide.

I finally got my hands on an Envy in glow plastic.

It's going in the bag. I only threw it once or twice during my round today (tags--finished 1st/32, woohoo) because trust is hard to come by. Honestly, surprised I threw it at all, I gave it a few pulls before the round and liked what it did.

Messed around in the field a bit, too. Feels like a more comfortable Tactic, and flies in a similar way but less overstable. It's kind of like a Caiman or skinny Zone in the hand, but flies on straighter lines--maybe Wasp or Compass?. It is not flippy even on FH.

On a hard backhand rip it's like a freaking laser. Super encouraging so far. Max rip was just under 300', which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Envy throwers--what are some of the ideal plastics that do different things but feel the same in the hand shape-wise? I wasn't planning on going with the Eclipse glow plastic to start with, but with these disc shortages and all...

I finally got my hands on an Envy in glow plastic.

It's going in the bag. I only threw it once or twice during my round today (tags--finished 1st/32, woohoo) because trust is hard to come by. Honestly, surprised I threw it at all, I gave it a few pulls before the round and liked what it did.

Messed around in the field a bit, too. Feels like a more comfortable Tactic, and flies in a similar way but less overstable. It's kind of like a Caiman or skinny Zone in the hand, but flies on straighter lines--maybe Wasp or Compass?. It is not flippy even on FH.

On a hard backhand rip it's like a freaking laser. Super encouraging so far. Max rip was just under 300', which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Envy throwers--what are some of the ideal plastics that do different things but feel the same in the hand shape-wise? I wasn't planning on going with the Eclipse glow plastic to start with, but with these disc shortages and all...

Depends on whether you like a firm but maybe slick throwing putter or one that is softer in the flight plate and a tad grippier for cold weather rounds.

I like the Soft Neutron Envys personally. Especially if you have a shop in your area that you can go feel some up at. About 1in10, or maybe even 1/20, i have found to be gummier than the others, especially in the flightplate. The flight plates on normal ones basically are just flexible version of a regular N. As a comparison, let's say the normal soft Ns are like a box spring mattress where the whole mattress sinks in when you lay on it. Whereas the gummier ones are more like a memory foam where it sinks in just where you're laying at... (A bit exaggerated but you get my point)

My FR that i lost after several years was like this and one of my current ones also. FR was Pink and my newest one is pink but it isn't the gummier version. The other gummy one is an Oreo(Black/White), so I don't think color has anything to do with it. But they just feel so nice in the hand and the rim is still stiff enough to be used FH too.

Also, they season at a geologic time rate lol. My FR was pretty much still the same disc as when i bought it after at least a year of covering all my putter duties... Throwing, putts and even my pancake OH shot i throw sometimes as a rescue shot or on a couple of the severe downhill holes we got around here.

I've had 3 Soft Ns and a regular Proton. They all basically flew the same when new, not much if any turn and a gentle but reliable fade late... the Proton had a touch less glide though.

Well for something different than an eclipse soft n is a good call, more turny and more fade. Electron is good to start a cycle, 2 months or so and it will break in, the glidiest envy.

Some of my plasma's are just breaking in now and I think I got them 3+ years ago.

Eclipse is a good in the middle choice, they tend to mold up with a touch less hss and lss than normal neutron or plasma. They also seem to have an extra 10' of glide since they tend to have a tiny dome.

Proton is the straightest but it has a touch more hss to overcome. Eclipse is next for straight then neutron. Neutron is a little beefy but beats into the best laser with low fade. Plasma is a fairly straight with a bit more lss and a touch less HSS.

Honestly all the premium plastics are very similar except for soft neutron.

Last edited:
My favorite pairing of Envy's is a well used firm electron and a fresh cosmic neutron.

The firm electron beats in quickly and is my go to for powered down straight shots that do nothing but go straight. On a full rip it has a slow but steady drift to the right. The glide is amazing.

The cosmic neutron is probably the most stable/overstable and will hold dead straight no matter how much I lean into it and always has a predictable finish. I was throwing in some pretty gnarly winds one day and everyone I was playing with was amazed at how well that putter did handling the wind.

Plasma and soft neutrons are excellent as well but definitely don't hold up to full sends like the cosmic neutron and aren't nearly as easy to manipulate as the electron Envy.

How many plasmas do you have? Do you break one in at a time? Two?

How many Envys are in your bag?

Ha speak of the devil! Can't remember when I got those off you, changed my life! Thanks again!

Two of my stack of 8? plasma's are broken in. Yard envy #1 and 2 both previously yours. HAHA I actually parted with 2 out of 10 to friends, very goodfriends :)

I putt the whole stack but there's 3 that see regular play, 2 "yard" ones meaning they sit in a box over my fridge and get faded/ thrown almost daily. With the up tick in temp they are ridiculously straight right now.

Probably 3 eclipses in rotation, 3 in storage. Halloween se widow I got used, one soft neutron Marm-O I throw... 3 or 4 neutrons shelved and unthrown + a melon and widow unthrown. 3 soft electron.

Sorry what was the question? Haha :D

Typically doing two envy in the bag, a 165/167 plasma + either 173 se neutron or 174 eclipse. I will pack a 3rd 165 plasma for tourneys/warmup/cali or occasionally a soft electron 167g but any time I actually "bag it" I get beat down.

Recently misplaced my most beat yard envy, in my disc bag :D too much playing at home 3 disc. I often play two envy nightly vs each other + driver/mid (x2) so I can do like blue team vs yellow team. Yellow envy/comet vs blue envy/comet kinda thing.

You thinking of changing back from PA2's?

Last edited:
Ha speak of the devil! Can't remember when I got those off you, changed my life! Thanks again!

Two of my stack of 8? plasma's are broken in. Yard envy #1 and 2 both previously yours. HAHA I actually parted with 2 out of 10 to friends, very goodfriends :)

I putt the whole stack but there's 3 that see regular play, 2 "yard" ones meaning they sit in a box over my fridge and get faded/ thrown almost daily. With the up tick in temp they are ridiculously straight right now.

Probably 3 eclipses in rotation, 3 in storage. Halloween se widow I got used, one soft neutron Marm-O I throw... 3 or 4 neutrons shelved and unthrown + a melon and widow unthrown. 3 soft electron.

Sorry what was the question? Haha :D

Typically doing two envy in the bag, a 165/167 plasma + either 173 se neutron or 174 eclipse. I will pack a 3rd 165 plasma for tourneys/warmup/cali or occasionally a soft electron 167g but any time I actually "bag it" I get beat down.

Recently misplaced my most beat yard envy, in my disc bag :D too much playing at home 3 disc. I often play two envy nightly vs each other + driver/mid (x2) so I can do like blue team vs yellow team. Yellow envy/comet vs blue envy/comet kinda thing.

You thinking of changing back from PA2's?

Haha great answer. I've been putting with the Firefly the past two seasons and definitely not going back. My girlfriend throws two Plasma Envys, one 2018 Halloween which is probably the coolest disc either of us own. The other is a 161g that is extremely straight. I like throwing them, but sticking with my Aviar3/AviarX3 combo. I think the Envy is probably a better disc than the Aviar3, but it fits my forehand game perfectly.

Haha great answer. I've been putting with the Firefly the past two seasons and definitely not going back. My girlfriend throws two Plasma Envys, one 2018 Halloween which is probably the coolest disc either of us own. The other is a 161g that is extremely straight. I like throwing them, but sticking with my Aviar3/AviarX3 combo. I think the Envy is probably a better disc than the Aviar3, but it fits my forehand game perfectly.

Yeah the 2018 Halloween ones were much maligned for the stamp.. I like the dominatrix faceless witch, even more I like the flight. I have a pink rim I was working in at 168 ish, lost it in the bush for about 3 months at my place so I pulled out its yellow rim twin. It flew like a very broken in envy straight out of the box, I found the pink one but it wasn't as straight.

I picked up some old stock last year and got a backup witch and a blank... and a stock eclipse. All 167ish

You've got a good woman there, her superior tastes make up for your lack of.... :D real happy she snagged the one she wanted from that stack and stuck with it. Other than your choice in putters you are a fine fellow.

I forgot about my 3 protons... I have a lot of envy's now, I'm not the envyless pauper that once came a callin. Throwasurge is dead, long live the envy. Haha.

I've heard decent stuff about the firefly. The ohm definitely caused me some problems.

Last edited:
The ohm definitely caused me some problems.

Probably my favorite disc that I don't bag. If I could actually putt with the thing I could clear out half my bag. When putting it somehow feels a touch too deep and that tiny feel of a micro-bead throw me off just enough to crate it. I'd probably get over that if they came in Plasma.

Probably my favorite disc that I don't bag. If I could actually putt with the thing I could clear out half my bag. When putting it somehow feels a touch too deep and that tiny feel of a micro-bead throw me off just enough to crate it. I'd probably get over that if they came in Plasma.

Yeah I'm pretty cool with the ohm as long as I'm throwing envy, if I go on a "long cycle" with the ohm I start to fluff it too much. I expect it to turn more but it's not that kind of disc, it still takes some juice to get it to move from straight.

The ohm sits between my worn plaz envy and soft electron ones, it's fun on tunnels though where I want envy action up front but not the fade. Or not as much.