• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back on the Road Again - Tour Stop #4 (Santa Cruz, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
attachment.php

Tour Stop #4

Santa Cruz, CA
Master's Cup - NT#3
"Another year singing the Dela Blues"

As I mentioned we left on Sunday night and headed to Pismo Beach as it was Synthya and I's one year anniversary. We found ourselves an ocean view hotel room and spent the day enjoying Pismo and each other. We woke up on Tuesday and headed towards the cruz but I surprised Synthya with a detour. We stopped at the Hearst Castle. A must see attraction near Casa Robles, CA. It has over 160 rooms, an indoor pool, and an art collection that tells the history of the world.

As we arrived in Santa Cruz one thing that sticks in my mind is the decadent smell of the flowers and trees. Everything is so luscious and in bloom. Santa Cruz is a cool town with so much to offer from food to beach life. The course we play is calked Delavega Park. A legendary course that has a history of great ambassadors, leaders, and challenge. I would say if you want to have fun playing disc golf with your friends on an afternoon this place is an ideal disc golf playground. The final hole, top of the world, features views of the ocean. If you are an avid disc golfer it should be an instant add to your bucket list.

We stayed with our buddy Andrew Burbee at a local hotel and enjoyed activities such as walking the boardwalk, seal watching, putt putt golf, thai massage, and seeing the opening of Mad Max. My favorite place to eat in Santa Cruz is the Santa Cruz Diner. So many menu choices, open all night!! Also, shout out to my caddy for the last two weeks, Zane, you the man!

Competition

I have played Dela many times and knew not to have high expectations as there are some things out of your control when it comes to landing the disc. So I buckled down and shot a -4 the first round, landing me on the second card. I took a pretty bad break carding a 6 on hole four the second round, sticking in a tree. It shook me and I only managed to get back to even par dropping me to the fifth card for the final round. I was bummed as I hoped I could have one year without getting "Dela'd", but that is how the cookie crumbles. I played well in the final round and moved up to a tie for ninth. One positive is that I think in the final round I found my old jump putt. I made 3 jumpers on my last few holes. McBeth continued his dominance over Nate Doss who won the Steady Ed spirit award. Devan rounded out the top three with an ace the final round. Well all I can say is it kicked my butt again!

Equipment

As usual I leaned on my Sinuses, Worlds, and Giants. I also used an Opto Stryker often as well as my hard Mace for those long straight midrange shots. I stuck with my Judge as it treated me well last week. I did add a new disc to my bag, the BT Bard. It is like a fast Sinus. An instant add to the bag, that won't be coming out anytime soon.

Rookie Move

First day in Santa Cruz I was parking at Taco Moreno and didn't notice the street sign sticking out in the street. I hit it pretty good. Somehow I did little damage to the RV and mostly damaged the sign. I had to jump out and hold it back while Synthya moved the RV. Rookie move, sorry city of Santa Cruz it was an accident.

Next Stop

St Jude Invitational A-tier
Monterey, CA

Photos

Attachments

• IMG_2646_a.jpg
    IMG_2646_a.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,557
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 221
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Good read and good luck feldberg. The 'rookie move' was pretty funny :)

BT Bard!? That sounds interesting!

I saw him throw it quite a bit (more than the mace) mostly for really nice controlled straight-to-a-little-fade mid shots. Unfortunately, only available in Finland. I want him to make them available here in the states, especially if he's using them!

You've got a good man for a caddy in Zane "O"! We miss him here in TN... Great read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts