• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

back to back aces

I'm late to this party but I'll tell my story anyway. Short version = Back to back ACES at the World Championships in Michigan in 2000. Monster course @ Hudson Mills, holes 5 & 6.
On top of that my wife won her division, Advanced Master Women, at the event. Life is still good.

Gotta love that first post for a new member that drags out an old thread.

Good ace story though.

My first ace was almost a back to back. I threw a laser on hole 10. hit dead center of the pole, bounced out about 25 feet. missed the putt :doh:
Stepped to hole 11 and was so heated I threw a glo buzzz with all I had, caught the chains and stayed put. Wasnt even happy, i felt it was owed to me. I had only been playing for a few months and had so many basket hits and slip throughs.

Totally off subject, the craziest ace I ever seen was a friend of mine throwing at a wide open hole, it was crazy windy, the disc came in on a high hyzer, stepped down a few times and fell in the basket without ever touching a chain.

I've actually seen back to back aces three times.
The first was the best - Casual round at Calvert Road park 1989 hole 9 was about 200 feet. The two guys were roommates, both named Dave, both their first ace, and there was a picnic table full of people sitting near the hole watching - too cool.

The second I was playing at Ellison Park on Rochester probably 1992 with Steve Valencia and Jeff Malton. Hole 6 I think maybe 240 feet Malton aces the hole and says to Steve "You want me to pull that?" To which he replies, yeah get that $hit outta the basket, then he steps up and puts it in :) Bunch a show offs :)

The last was Rene Espinoza in about 1995 at a temp course in Kennewick, WA two blind holes in a row - both about 300' - he was in the group in front of me - no one could believe it.

Good ace story though.

Maybe he was afraid of the search nazi :D

I played one hole of my course over and over today (since I removed some trees on that hole). It is a very short but VERY narrow fairway. My first throw reflected off a tree into the basket, the second time I parked it, 3rd time another cubby ace. Once I get my chainsaw I am going to make the hole another 50-60 feet.

Last edited:
My friend and his dad got back to back aces in the summer. My friend threw a sidearm on hole 1 at rivery in Georgetown, TX. Aced it. Then his dad steps up to the teebox and backhands his buzzz right into the chains. It was pretty awesome.

The closest I have ever gotten was hole 13 at Coachman. Pokamitch threw first. His disc was chain high and missed by less than a yard. Then I threw and hit chains but it bounced out. I really thought both were going in...oh well.

^This guy hit two aces in one round today, hole one and three, both with a Roc. And on hole two he took a run at chains and parked it for an easy duece. Sweet shooting today man.

Thanks man.

After a bad start your showed up and brought some bad weather but you brought me luck. I roll up to hole one with my Roc, ACE! Hole two, only a five foot put for a birdie. Hole three on the snowman challange with the Roc, ACE!

Then to follow it up I birdie hole 5 which has only been done once this whole winter. I set the winter record, Sean and I set the doubles winter record, it was a good day. I also found my lost disc, unfortunately I did not find Johnson's...

Years ago at the Texas State University course a friend and I were playing when some college students stopped and asked us about the game. My friend goes on to explain the game to them and then says see that basket over there, that's what we're throwing at. He throws a hyzer that goes right into the basket, and they were like wow that was a good shot. I step up and throw one that hit the tree right by the basket and falls in right on top of my buddies disc. They walked off talking about that must be an easy game. We sat there laughing about the whole thing.

Years ago at the Texas State University course a friend and I were playing when some college students stopped and asked us about the game. My friend goes on to explain the game to them and then says see that basket over there, that's what we're throwing at. He throws a hyzer that goes right into the basket, and they were like wow that was a good shot. I step up and throw one that hit the tree right by the basket and falls in right on top of my buddies disc. They walked off talking about that must be an easy game. We sat there laughing about the whole thing.

Don't try to steal my spot light here Mr. Joe.

That was years ago, mine was today!

BTW, I be playin with you son, no hate, that ^^^ would be sweet!

I have shot TEN Aces my whole 10+ years of Disc'n. FIVE of those have been between January 16th 2011 and February 13th 2011.

Go figure huh.

My friend was throwing a star echo boss from left to right on a par three. The basket was about 250 ft out

Tell him to disc down, buddy, disc down. Boss for 250 feet is like shooting moscitos with anti aircraft missiles.

I've had 37 aces in my 19 years of playing and still have every disc that I have aced with. There's a few brand new 1st run CE Firebirds in that stack along with a lot of old mold Whippets. The Whippets used to be my money disc until the Firebird came out.

I did hit my 1st 2 aces in the same round on May 20th, 1993 with a Viper and then a Stingray.
Don't try to steal my spot light here Mr. Joe.

That was years ago, mine was today!

BTW, I be playin with you son, no hate, that ^^^ would be sweet!

I have shot TEN Aces my whole 10+ years of Disc'n. FIVE of those have been between January 16th 2011 and February 13th 2011.

Go figure huh.

And of course you'll take a second to berate him... As usual.:thmbdown:

The second I was playing at Ellison Park on Rochester probably 1992 with Steve Valencia and Jeff Malton. Hole 6 I think maybe 240 feet Malton aces the hole and says to Steve "You want me to pull that?" To which he replies, yeah get that $hit outta the basket, then he steps up and puts it in :) Bunch a show offs :)

I've parked that hole more times than I care to recall. None went in though...

a few weeks ago there was a guy who aced hole 17 and 18 back to back at creekside park in harrisburg, pa. Now that's what you call a good day on the course!!

not sure how that qualifies as back to back aces.

your friend aced a hole. i imagine he had the box on the next hole, he didn't ace that hole and you aced it on your turn.

if you threw first and out of turn on the next hole, than i'd have to card you for a courtesy violation and mark you down for 2 (since you guys "went crazy" over the first ace, i would have issued a warning)

either way... congrats!

and you would get your face spanked...

Latest posts