• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

back to back aces

champ

I was playing a round this morning with a few friends and something amazing happend.

My friend was throwing a star echo boss from left to right on a par three. The basket was about 250 ft out and protected by a mesquite tree. He threw the boss down the fairway and let it fade towards the basket. The disc hit a tree branch and bounced in to the basket. His first ACE! We all went crazy.

We step up to the next hole, a par three that's about 250ish. The basket is pretty open but has a big structure that hugs the right side of the hole halfway down the fairway all the way to the basket.

The wind was blowing pretty good so I elected to throw a a 169 star teebird. As soon as I let it go I knew good things were in store. The disc hugged the right side of the fairway and faded into the basket for another ACE!

Back to back aces! That's the first time I've seen back to back ACES.

It was a great morning to say the least.

Thats like 1 in a million for sure. Theres a vid of 2 guys throwing at the same time and they both ace the same basket on youtube but a lot of people think its a fake.

VEGAN RAY's 2 RULES OF INTERNET ACE STORIES
1) If it isn't captured on video, it didn't happen.
2) If it is captured on video, the video is obviously faked.

I was playing with my brother once. He aced a 200' uphill shot.....then I aced it. We very roughly estimated our rates of aces per hole played and figured that was about 4,000,000 to 1.

Oh, and I was still last on the next tee.

not sure how that qualifies as back to back aces.

your friend aced a hole. i imagine he had the box on the next hole, he didn't ace that hole and you aced it on your turn.

if you threw first and out of turn on the next hole, than i'd have to card you for a courtesy violation and mark you down for 2 (since you guys "went crazy" over the first ace, i would have issued a warning)

either way... congrats!

There was a story in Discgolfer (I think) about this guy who had four aces in one round. It was in tournament play so there were plenty of witnesses (sorry Ray, you can't trash this one). Don't recall who / where / when, but the story did have a pic of the guy holding up a disc and four fingers, sporting a sh!t-eating grin, obviously stoked.

There was a story in Discgolfer (I think) about this guy who had four aces in one round. It was in tournament play so there were plenty of witnesses (sorry Ray, you can't trash this one). Don't recall who / where / when, but the story did have a pic of the guy holding up a disc and four fingers, sporting a sh!t-eating grin, obviously stoked.

You really think that won't happen? Seriously?

Me and another guy smashed chains back to back on the same hole - it's on video, but I unfortunately don't own the video, or a copy of it. Neither of us got the shot to stick though.

Haven't seen anything like it in all the time I've been playing.

I was playing a round this morning with a few friends and something amazing happend.

My friend was throwing a star echo boss from left to right on a par three. The basket was about 250 ft out and protected by a mesquite tree. He threw the boss down the fairway and let it fade towards the basket. The disc hit a tree branch and bounced in to the basket. His first ACE! We all went crazy.

We step up to the next hole, a par three that's about 250ish. The basket is pretty open but has a big structure that hugs the right side of the hole halfway down the fairway all the way to the basket.

The wind was blowing pretty good so I elected to throw a a 169 star teebird. As soon as I let it go I knew good things were in store. The disc hugged the right side of the fairway and faded into the basket for another ACE!

Back to back aces! That's the first time I've seen back to back ACES.

It was a great morning to say the least.

I'd for sure call that a great morning.

And that reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

"What's the difference between a steel belted radial and 365 sexual acts of a oral nature?"

Answer: One's a Goodyear and the other is a great year!

There's a player that past away that aced Hole 2 & 3, back to back, at the red course at Lemon Lake in Crown Point, IN. (Where the worlds is this year) There's a sign commemorating him, and discs too. He's the basis for the infamous "HOMIE" stamp from Channel Z Discs.

And do you even call it an ace if you throw 2+ discs at the same hole?

The story can be found here

Thursday Doubles August 22nd

9 came out to play.......another afternoon full of storms kept the turnout low. It seemed like we were in a island of good weather....heavy downpours all around us...Reed stayed dry through all of that sideways rain. A doubles/Cali record was set as the odd man shoots a -19 35 with three Aces in a row...on 16,17,18.

1. Jamie -19
2. Norbert/Chris St -15
3. Clenk/Dunkle -11
4. Buddy/Matt -10
5. LeBaube/Drewski -9

CTP Chris St.
CTP Buddy
CTP Norbert

ACE/METAL/CTP Jamie (A x3)

CTP Jamie .

Last year at the Steamboat Open Mitch Sonderfan hit back to back aces with the same disc. One Player, One Disc, Two Holes, Two Aces.

Latest posts