• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack? Buy? Build? Or DIY bag?

punch

Bogey Member
Currently using a double Nutsack 2.0. I was thinking of getting a backpack style bag for more capacity. I have a sewing machine and I am pretty handy. What I am wondering is if building one from the ground up or using a backpack for a DIY option is worth the trouble? Which of the options is a better value? Should I just buy a DG backpack or go the other routes? Let me know your options.

I would buy an Academy Magellan first just to make sure backpack is the way you want to go. I very much disliked using a backpack.

If you could build one from the ground up, that would be the way to go. You could control everything from material to pocket layout. Maybe get a Magellan and if you like it, take it apart and base your design off of it. Could turn out pretty sweet.

I have been building up my skills to hopefully one day make my own backpack from the ground up. I think a magellan as a base to "DIY" is the best bet. That would put you in the 60$ range :)

Go for it. That's what I did with my bags. My final bag is huge, built in seat, rain fly, etc.

I guess it depends on where you plan to to use it, how you want it to function, and what material you plan to constructing it with. If I had the skills I would defiantly build my own bag, even if it costs more than a retail bag with similar specs.

Latest posts