• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Well, since the OP of that thread got mad about us using his thread for bashing bad reviews, I thought I'd start a new thread for such things...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1319&mode=rev#82968

Only person to give this course less than a 3.0. Its not a great course but its definitely not a 1.0 either. Sounds like someone had a bad day... I like this part...

I can't even tell you how many holes I'd throw a beautiful tee shot and WHAM, right into some tree that shouldn't be there. Absolutely horrendous how many random trees are just sticking out or in the way of good tee shots.

FYI, if it hits a tree, it probably wasn't a "beautiful" tee shot...

This is the only review he's done and the only course he's marked as played in the 8+ months he's had an account. Sounds to me like somebody felt butthurt after a bad day and decided it was the course's fault...

The one defense, if there is one, is that this is the first review written since 10/17. A course could easily go downhill in that time if it's there no upkeep. But, most likely, this is just a bad disc golfer who got pissed he lost a disc and it was the course's fault, not his.

Just realized I never marked this course as played. Was trying to figure out how long it had been since I was there for a tourney. I think it was either late '15 or very early '16 and the course was a muddy mess because of heavy snow iirc, and the lake had been over its banks for awhile prior to the event after the melt off. Even in that shape, I would have given it at least a 3.0

Also, for the most part, the Columbus DG club is very good at keeping their courses in shape. So, unless they don't actually look after this course, I would expect its in fairly good shape most of the time.

Last edited:
They've added 7 holes, I doubt the course is in ANY sort of disrepair. Dude just has trouble keeping it in the fairway
Some of those 7 alphabet holes were never a treat to play recreationally and maybe they never got legit tee pads. You could definitely have a less enjoyable experience as a beginner playing those alpha holes versus the main 18 which are pretty clear of rogue trees in regular lines of play.

Not a Flyers course, but the upkeep is still pretty good normally with the locals. The letter holes do need some work, but that review is trash.

After playing hole 1, which from a quick look at the map has a lake right behind the basket, you should probably be prepared to have water in play. I was pretty awful at writing reviews when I started off. I've never played this course (only 1 for me in OH), but I think it IS overly negative judging by the overall rating. While not a fan of the review, I will give him credit for EXPLAINING his dislike for the course. This is better than so many other 3 sentence reviews giving out 1's. At least he has potential to write other, more thought out reviews. I feel like reviewing courses on, you know, Disc Golf Course Review is a dying art form. Shout out to Wellsbranch250 for doing right though. Last I checked we are both at 413 played :hfive:

played my first course in Ohio late last week for 414 and then hit idlewild for 415 :eek:

Unfortunately it'll probably be May before I get any new courses. Want to play Harmony Bends this summer. Also would like to finally play Mont Du Lac.

What'd ya think of Idlewild?

I know you didn't ask me but... bloody cinci airport and stupid low flying jets. I was afraid my discs were gonna get sucked up into the intake.

Nice designed holes though I'll never go back. jeez, I get upset at soccer players.

You darned kids get off my lawn. ;)

Last edited:
Been close to a decade since I played Gordon Holton, but it was more than solid. I thought it earned every bit of 3.75.

Gotta give Brutus props for flagging reviews that seem highly questionable.

I know you didn't ask me but... bloody cinci airport and stupid low flying jets. I was afraid my discs were gonna get sucked up into the intake.

Nice designed holes though I'll never go back. jeez, I get upset at soccer players.

You darned kids get off my lawn. ;)

Ehh... that's nothing. I played a tourney at Englewood MetroPark in Dayton Ohio once the same day as the Dayton International Airshow. That course is like 2mi from the airport and directly in the flight path of their big runway. That whole day was just a cluster**** of loud jets, helicopters and stunt planes. During one stretch, there was an F-22 Raptor that kept flying over the course. It was so loud, you couldn't hear your own thoughts, lol.

Awful review that doesn't reflect reality. One of my favorites in the area, it's a bit of a drive but I try to play it at least once a month. The original 20 holes are solid, the extra 7 are a work in progress that never really progressed much. When the USWDGC was there a few years ago, the women complained and after the first round, those holes weren't used again. Heavy rains in the spring did have a negative impact on the course, but several folks worked hard to clean it up. The person who posted that review should be ashamed of themselves.

Latest posts