• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

The pic of basket #1 says a lot. My tendency is to miss putts low when I miss... and this basket would still get in my head. :doh:

And that is a solid review, pointing out what good there was.

I don't like the Creeper vibe that pic has though...

adb9c132.jpg

Looks like dude was trying to snap pics of kids, not a basket.

I don't like the Creeper vibe that pic has though...

Looks like dude was trying to snap pics of kids, not a basket.

LOL. I guess I could have backed up and taken a wider angle of the basket and it wouldn't look so questionable. But the picture is supposed to be 'basket to tee' so I didn't really have much choice in what I did.

I can go take a new one and have Tim delete the one that's there now if it bothers you that much. :p :p

a 1,600 footer is the "best of best"?
it's rather sad that that reviewer likely thumbed down earlier review, which was not only a helpful review, but was also eloquent in describing the courses shortcoming.

Meh, I think them giving it a 5 and getting a bunch of people to click on it has given me way more than enough positive votes to even it out. I don't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure it was at less than 10 positive votes before today. lol

LOL. I guess I could have backed up and taken a wider angle of the basket and it wouldn't look so questionable. But the picture is supposed to be 'basket to tee' so I didn't really have much choice in what I did.

I can go take a new one and have Tim delete the one that's there now if it bothers you that much. :p :p

It's all good man. Was just busting balls.;)

lulz i was going to post this here

such a terrible course

even if we were on a school course only rating scale its still barely a 2/5

a driving range is moar fun than this crap hole course

Looking at ReinZ_96's signature, he lists a "Grey Ace"

I know a Black Ace is into a basket on the wrong hole, so is a Grey Ace into the wrong basket (multiple baskets on the hole) on the hole you are playing? :popcorn:

Looking at ReinZ_96's signature, he lists a "Grey Ace"

I know a Black Ace is into a basket on the wrong hole, so is a Grey Ace into the wrong basket (multiple baskets on the hole) on the hole you are playing? :popcorn:

Yes, that is exactly it. It's quite possibly the most disappointing thing I've ever done while playing disc golf. haha.

The review actually had 4-5 good points. With a little more info, and a more reasonable rating, I might have given it a thumbs up. However, as is, that rating just seems ridiculous and puts a damper on the positives in the actual review.

Udisc invasion

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=12329&mode=rev

Only review... only course he's listed as played in two years on the site...
It looks the Udisc mentality and methodology are seeping in to infect DGCR and bring it down. Given the trends in technology and culture, I guess this Udisc invasion is not surprising, even almost inevitable. Reviews like this one seriously degrade one of DGCR's main strengths over Udisc-- the ratings on DGCR are the most reliable available, especially when filtered by TR.

It looks the Udisc mentality and methodology are seeping in to infect DGCR and bring it down. Given the trends in technology and culture, I guess this Udisc invasion is not surprising, even almost inevitable. Reviews like this one seriously degrade one of DGCR's main strengths over Udisc-- the ratings on DGCR are the most reliable available, especially when filtered by TR.

I know that I haven't been around much lately, but what in the hell is Udisc?:eek:

I know that I haven't been around much lately, but what in the hell is Udisc?:eek:

It's a phone app with a course directory, scorekeeping, and more. Very popular, probably the dominant app/site in disc golf.

With Udisc, you can give a course a rating without writing a review. So courses tend to get tons of ratings, and a few one-sentence reviews; there's a tendency to rate every course very highly, so they're not very reliable.