• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

How many disc golf putt putts have u played? Lol zero betting

I have one right near me...so, I have played one. I think you are taking extra heat because you rated this course as one of the best you have ever played, then admitted you were simply disingenuous about the rating. I personally respect integrity. I also find that ratings mean little, the reviews are what help me, as a traveling player, so I guess I thank you for your brief description. "Adjustment ratings" do little to help this site, or any course. I hope you reconsider your philosophy, for the greater good of the site and traveling players.

I just went through the pics of the course. looks like a lot of fun. some of it reminds me flying armadillo in San Marcos. I've played personally played two courses like this. i gave armadillo a 4 and Dupree a 2. the score difference was mainly the incredible level of craftsmanship at armadillo. A lighthouse, a tank, a 10 ft tall dinosaur, a 2 story tee deck, an alamo etc.

Suck as it might, this review doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It's but one of many reviews with hardly any content, lazily slapped together for the sole purpose of affecting course ratings to the support a reviewer's "political agenda," if you will.

Methinks we need a process for impeachment.
But since that's not gonna happen, we just need more people to write objective reviews.

More writing, less bitching.

Last edited:
I have one right near me...so, I have played one. I think you are taking extra heat because you rated this course as one of the best you have ever played, then admitted you were simply disingenuous about the rating. I personally respect integrity. I also find that ratings mean little, the reviews are what help me, as a traveling player, so I guess I thank you for your brief description. "Adjustment ratings" do little to help this site, or any course. I hope you reconsider your philosophy, for the greater good of the site and traveling players.

betcha this ones better :|

instead why dont we add a putt putt category instead of implying this is the in the same category as a full par course.

but it would help a traveling young family enter the sport of disc golf. Not so much a hardened bagger like yourself. Good luck sifting through all the bull.

I just went through the pics of the course. looks like a lot of fun. some of it reminds me flying armadillo in San Marcos. I've played personally played two courses like this. i gave armadillo a 4 and Dupree a 2. the score difference was mainly the incredible level of craftsmanship at armadillo. A lighthouse, a tank, a 10 ft tall dinosaur, a 2 story tee deck, an alamo etc.

very cool armadillo! Change it to a 5!

If that course is a 5, or best of the best, I'd hate to play the other 112 courses dude has played. :|

As the writer of the honest 2-disc review that somehow started this, I am somewhere between amused and befuddled. I have never downvoted a review because I disagreed with the number rating. In fact, I have given thumbs up to reviews that were more than a point different from my review if the review provided information and supported the given rating.
However, "homer adjustment" does not support the rating. In fact, it does the opposite. As a side benefit, my review of the putt putt course has gotten more thumbs than any other review I've written.

Congrats on hitting 100 reviews aclay. i cant say the same thing regarding downvotes on ratings i disagreed with in the past. The maple hill 1.0 and black falls 1.5 come to mind. pretty sure i downvoted almost every one of Redneck Machismo's sub 1.0 reviews. i have eclipsed two years now without giving a single down vote now though.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for bad reviews to generate :thmbup:'s for good reviews.

You read a useless review, which is likely very short. That makes it almost impossible not to see another review on the same screen, without even scrolling. There's a reasonable chance the other review is helpful, so you give it a :thmbup:.

So just out of dumb luck, your review gets a helpful, because someone wrote a garbage review for the same course... which put a reader onto your review simply based on the sequence of the reviews or the order the reader select for sorting. :|

I'm not sure how"current mix" is determined, but it seems to be the default sort.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for bad reviews to generate :thmbup:'s for good reviews.

You read a useless review, which is likely very short. That makes it almost impossible not to see another review on the same screen, without even scrolling. There's a reasonable chance the other review is helpful, so you give it a :thmbup:.

So just out of dumb luck, your review gets a helpful, because someone wrote a garbage review for the same course... which put a reader onto your review simply based on the sequence of the reviews or the order the reader select for sorting. :|

I'm not sure how"current mix" is determined, but it seems to be the default sort.

That happened to me the other day after someone did a drive-by review of Valmont in Boulder, CO. Got a couple upvotes that day lol.

some people just go out of their way to make Texas look bad

at least we do have some greats reviewers here like aclay and ERicJ... and denny ritner is one of my favorites on the site too

also, we do know that Tim is always reluctant to remove reviews and i do understand why. that said, the review page does have clear ground rules and breaking those rules are said to be grounds for removing a review.

A few ground rules:
-Stick to reviewing and commenting on the course and not other reviews/reviewers.
-Please do not actively promote other courses in your review.
-A course review is *not* the place to advertise your business/website.
-Do not give an artificially low/high rating to try to influence the overall rating. Please give an honest rating.
-Refrain from cursing and/or using profanity in your review.
-Do not reference any illegal or drug related activities in your review.
-Only rate a course if you have played a majority of the holes on it.
-Do not review a course unless you have played it recently (ie. within the last 6-12 months)
* Not abiding by one or more of the rules above may result in the removal of your review from the site.

breaking the highlighted rule is not always easy to prove but it's obvious when the reviewer come on to the forum and brags about it

yeah, like the reviewer in question. exactly my point.

i like living here well enough but i'm not from here

c_a_miller is excellent too. And then there's Pizzagod. I feel like I'm missing someone that writes some fantastic reviews...If only I could think of his name...I feel like it had a number in it...eighty something maybe? Maybe I'm just tired...;)