• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

If I ever review on UDisc, I'll be handing out 3.5 reviews, with an footnote, "More accurate review: 2.0, but adjusted for UDisc inflation."

There's a local here in the Charlotte area who gives every single course a 5.0 rating on UDisc, whether it's a championship course (Renny, Hornets Nest, Nevin) or two baskets in a field. Every review of his essentially goes, "this is the best course ever. Everyone should play here."

It looks like I put navigation as a Con in my review of the place, but I don't remember it being THAT bad... (still haven't been back there)

What's MikeK doing in his last two reviews? Is he banned from the forums and is having a temper tantrum or what?

I've heard Mike's done a lot for the game, a least around his area, if not on a more regional scale. I really can't speak to that.

But going from how he chooses to come across on DGCR, it's hard to see him as much more than an a$$hat.

Some people are are quite different in real life.
Some aren't.

I dunno which he is, but he sure seems like he's got an axe to grind. :\

Last edited:
@bogeynomore I'm local to Mike, and have worked with him on a few occasions. He has done a lot of work for local courses, management of, and physical labor. When I've been out working with him, or asking him for advice, or attended tournaments he's ran, he's a normal nice guy. Maybe a little arrogant, but given the amount of labor he's done over the decades, it's backed up.

But even in person the asshat does come out. It was just a couple years ago he antagonized a usually very chill board member of our local club into punching him in the face during a round (maybe at leagues, I think? could've been casual). I have no idea why he chooses to be such an incredibly caustic figure online, but he is certainly dedicated to it.

@bogeynomore I'm local to Mike, and have worked with him on a few occasions. He has done a lot of work for local courses, management of, and physical labor. When I've been out working with him, or asking him for advice, or attended tournaments he's ran, he's a normal nice guy. Maybe a little arrogant, but given the amount of labor he's done over the decades, it's backed up.

But even in person the asshat does come out. It was just a couple years ago he antagonized a usually very chill board member of our local club into punching him in the face during a round (maybe at leagues, I think? could've been casual). I have no idea why he chooses to be such an incredibly caustic figure online, but he is certainly dedicated to it.

as much as I abhor violence, nice to see a$$hats being punished locally here and there:)

I have no idea why he chooses to be such an incredibly caustic figure online, but he is certainly dedicated to it.

Thanks for sharing your insight. I guess some folks just enjoy being that way. Maybe it makes him happy.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=82305

My new favorite (bad) reviewer frognuts69 not only has the coolest username on the site, but he has been pumping out quality bad reviews lately (literally just today).

He doesn't have the dramatic flair of Redneck Machismo but I think if he practices hard enough, he can descend to that depth over time.

From his review of Anne Dever

"Pros: The first 4 holes are ok. Beautiful scenery. Then you walk into shmegma..
Cons: …enter shmegma, we loose a disc every round we play here. You cannot see where you are going. The terrain is flat and THICK with ground palms.. SUCKS!!
Other Thoughts: Open the fairways, thin out the edges, not coming back anymore due to losing discs!"

Such words, such poetry, such.. schmegma?

Last edited:
Such words, such poetry, such.. schmegma?

I dont know what schmegma is, but i've played the course that they're referencing.
The palmetto rough at Ann Dever is so bad, it's probably worthy of inventing a word to describe.
I would describe schmegma as a jungle abyss that wants to kill you.

Last edited: