• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Build & Feedback

Bald Eagle

Howdy All,

Long time casual player recently gone nuts on playing. Have built out what I believe to be a good bag, but I have a ton of driver overlap and I think a fundamental misunderstanding of what's fitting where. Really interested in in hearing some thoughts.

Years playing/experience: 6+ years casual, 1 year consistent
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH, RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: *ESTIMATES, NEED TO MEASURE*: 180/260/320

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Tennis elbow (solved with a compression sleeve)
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Like that I feel like I have a disc for any situation. Dislike I feel like there's too much overlap.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Want to get more consistent off the tee with more intentional throws.

Drivers:
173g DM: Enigma - (Just lost this disc, thinking about replacing?)
173g Mint: GOAT, Apex - new (just purchased to possibly replace Enigma)
173g DM: Mentor - like new
Streamline: Trace, Proton - used, good
Mint: Longhorn, Apex - used, good
175g Mint: Freetail, Eternal - like new
175g/170g Innova - Valkyrie GStar and Champion - Used
169g Mint: Alpha, Apex - Like new
171g DM: Instinct, NEO - Used, Good

Mids:
Discraft: Buzzz - Used, good
175g Innova: Pro vCobra - used, good (main disc)
Innova: Wombat, GStar - used, good
173g DD: Justice, Lucid - used, good

Putters:
175g Gateway: Pure White Wizard - Used (main, short)
174g Axiom: Proxy - Used (main, long)
169g Innova: Avair - Beat
Innova: Hydra, R-Pro - Used, good

Putters and mids look good to me, and I wish I could help more on the drivers but I have no clue how half of those fly unfortunately. The only advice that I can add is that if your max distance is only 320ish then you should think about adding in some slower drivers and working on those.

Since you mentioned tennis elbow, I have as well be plagued by it and this video is how I got rid of it. Voodoo floss bands and lots of preventative work. Just thought this might help.

Putters and mids look good to me, and I wish I could help more on the drivers but I have no clue how half of those fly unfortunately. The only advice that I can add is that if your max distance is only 320ish then you should think about adding in some slower drivers and working on those.

Since you mentioned tennis elbow, I have as well be plagued by it and this video is how I got rid of it. Voodoo floss bands and lots of preventative work. Just thought this might help.

Appreciate the insight. I think 320' is a conservative estimate. I pretty consistently out-drive everyone I play with, but none of us are "competitive" players so to speak. I need to do some legitimate analysis of my drives and update that here probably. Despite this I find I tend to have most of my success with 10 speed drivers or my Instinct (speed 7) in a lot of situations, but those are usually more finesse shots. I don't find I struggle to fly even my Enigma which is a 12 speed, but I'm open to evaluating further to see if a slower disc might suit my current capability.

I've been working on the TE for some time and it's gotten better. Might be placebo, but the sleeve has by far been the laziest (bust most successful) remedy for active use of the arm.

Latest posts