• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets gone!

produce guy

The #7,8 and 9 baskets at Cactus Patch(in Austin,Tx.),have been stolen,they dissapeard sometime sunday.:wall::thmbdown:

That sucks. I don't understand why people do this. If they are really disc golfers then they wouldn't want to ruin a course. If they are just thieves I don't really see that big of a market for baskets especially when some have been stolen in the area.

Check the hole on #8. :p Sorry produce guy. Whenever I see you post, that comes to mind.

Back on topic. I'm sorry to hear about the baskets. Keep an eye out on Craigslist, just in case.

They just replaced 2 missing baskets at McBride park in Springfield MO, and from what a buddy was telling me 1 of the 2 got dug out and carried off with in the week

In all honesty guys, I don't think the galvanized steel that baskets are made of is worth that much, probably less than 25 cents/lb.

thats is pretty twisted. Our club had to replace a basket at Tillis Park because some a hole was driving his car through the park in the middle of the night and took out number 8's basket. the guy just drove off after hitting it :/

Wow. WTF? Wonder if its the same people who stole 2 baskets (#1 & #3) from the other church course (Austin Bible Ridge) in town recently?

At highland park, Joliet they had a land moving machine to smooth out a big field and get it ready to plant grass seed. They left the land mover ....with the keys in it....overnight. :wall:

someone used it to rip the basket for hole 15 out of the ground. :\ at least thats what i was told. some of the guys i talked to think maybe the employee driving the land mover hit it by accident and didnt want to take the blame, so they just claimed someone else did it.

hopefully it gets replaced soon...

Last edited:
We haven't had stolen at Buffalo ridge, but we've had a whole bunch dug up and kicked over in the past two weeks.

frizzle - i played austin ridge last sunday and those baskets were gone, as well as hole 18. someone said the church took them out due to construction, but those holes are nowhere near the parking lot. yet hole 14 still stands strong. illogical, if you ask me.

This actually happened at my home course this past year. The "honor box" (it's a little mom&pops pay to play course) was stolen each year for the past two years too. Oh, we also had a break in to the barn that housed their discs for sale and those were stolen as well. Then out of the blue the 18th basket, which incidently is the closest one to the parking lot, just disappeared. I seriously hate people who ruin things for others.

The guys who stole the discs were eventually caught by a "sting" orchestrated by the local league members of the course. The douche bags had already inked a ton of them to make them look used though. That in itself seemed idiotic but intelligence is not a typical trait of those who commit these kinds of theft.

yeah, last summer shawnee Mission park hole 1 got stolen. Tools and everything. I assume it was the guy that aced on it, and he wanted to take it home.

Baskets 8 and 9 are stolen from cactus patch again. That is 7 stolen baskets from a 9 hole course in two years. These were disc nation baskets welded together. The thief used a saw to cut the poles at the base just above the lock

Drop a rebar stick in the pipe next time around.
We did that one time. It still got stolen. They hooked it up to a pickup when it was muddy and took the basket, the sleeve and the concrete. All we had left was a big 'ol hole. :(

Latest posts