• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Beginner dx bag for cycling

It's interesting these two rocs feel really different. The X out is super stiff while the magenta one is really flexible. Both dx. Is that pretty common with roc's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only ROC discs but in other discs as well, Stingray has this but where some are production discs are floppy to the point of garbage in regular runs to a firm with light layer of Wax that will come out and in Factory seconds/X-out the mold is Stiff and like the good runs of DX in the 2000's but right from the gate slick to the point it is as slick as old McPro/current limited run Tour Series Aviar. I know I went into a store in 2014 that had F2 discs and the F2 Stingray discs were unusable.

I was talking about the new plastic they will be offered in; they've never been offered in this plastic before.
I own two DX Classic Rocs.

Oh, Okay I read the other post wrong, I thought you said: They never offered the disc in this plastic, meaning DX we are all talking about. :D My bad.

That happens with DX Rocs. They can be anywhere from relatively floppy to really stiff. Sometime around last year there was a run of DX Rocs that were really firm. I picked up a bunch. They reminded me of more grippy KC Rocs.

Nice good info. I agree, the stiff one feels similar to my KC ROC. Wonder if that means all the factory 2nds/X out ROCs that Marshall street has right now are this good stiff run. Any chance that is the case or do these X-outs usually come from multiple runs ?

Nice good info. I agree, the stiff one feels similar to my KC ROC. Wonder if that means all the factory 2nds/X out ROCs that Marshall street has right now are this good stiff run. Any chance that is the case or do these X-outs usually come from multiple runs ?

I would ask Marshall Street, see if they'll check for you if they have more like the one you got from them. All the good ones I got were purchased in person so I got to pick through some stacks.

Sometimes a glow KC ROC can be found on the Innova Factory Store or DGU in the Factory section but right now they are sold out on Stiff plastic.

It's interesting these two rocs feel really different. The X out is super stiff while the magenta one is really flexible. Both dx. Is that pretty common with roc's?

What are the domes like on them?

b60e70e6bff1101396c344a53d942d71.jpg

f8f8dce52c0a6836ba9bde3d1d509479.jpg

Both pretty flat. I just finished a round where I played with just a putter and the stiff orange one, and man that disc is beefy. I actually really like it because it's more forgiving if I get a bad release with some OAT, and it fights the wind. My KC roc seems to have more glide and does a sweet gliding S line really well, but it goes off the rails if I release with any OAT.

Did you mean how domey or how flexible. That magenta one has the most flexible dome I've felt on a dx disc, reminds me of a dome on a g*

DX Thunderbird IMO. First run specifically. What the DX Firebird should have been

I couldn't agree more. I've had 2 DX Firebirds, and both got flippy fast. The Thunderbird beats in more slowly, and lasts longer in my experience. Those first run ones were amazing

Keep the Cobra:)

DX Cobras are great discs, another favorite of mine. Very long for a mid.

Roc, and Spider are the two other DX discs that get lots of throws from me.

Most of the drivers just don't age that well: Thunderbird, and Wraith are the 2 I've had the most joy with.

I'd also add Eagle as a better than average DX mold.

Man I totally agree. I've tried quite a few different discs in dx recently and I keep coming back to the eagle and the cobra. Dx eagle is the only disc I can effortlessly toss 350 with my noodle arm backhand, and my new dx cobra has become my go to mid, even above my new dx roc.

I'd also add Eagle as a better than average DX mold.

I'll third (or forth) this. More the X mold than the L, though

*possible thread drift alert*

I've been out of the disc golf loop for a couple years, but do they still do DX Eagles in both X and L? I want to remember that Stars were more or less all X mold, but DX was a bit of both, as was Champ.

I've been out of the disc golf loop for a couple years, but do they still do DX Eagles in both X and L? I want to remember that Stars were more or less all X mold, but DX was a bit of both, as was Champ.

I've only seen one option for the eagle in DX and I'm pretty sure it's the X mold

I'll add another one to the list...was going through my other bag and found this TL in glow dx plastic.
bdaf66a40a4bc53d40f82e83a0879138.jpg

This thing hyzer flips like a dream, out drove my eagles on a couple holes. Quite a bit more touchy though, really easy to turn over and end up 80 feet right of where you want to be

I played a round today with only the dx eagle and my wizard, and shot my best score on my home course.
by 3 strokes. Throwing that eagle is probably the most fun I've had with my pants on, and the more it beats in, the prettier it's flight pattern gets. Loving it

DX Eagle L and X molds are both still available. I recently purchased one of each from Hyzer Farm on EBay.

Latest posts