• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in DFDub

I've played:
Harry Myers in Rockwall
Lester Lorch Coyote in Cedar Hill
Lester Lorch Beaver in Cedar Hill
Towne Lake in McKinney
Veterans in Arlington
Alex Clark in McKinney
BB Owen in Dallas

I agree for the most part, but I thought Alex Clark BLOWS!! If I'm driving to Mckinney, I'm not wasting my time over there when Town Lake is a mile or so down the road.

I think Audubon should be on the list. It is better than Alex Clark and BB Owen (Granted I haven't played those two in a few years...)

I agree for the most part, but I thought Alex Clark BLOWS!! If I'm driving to Mckinney, I'm not wasting my time over there when Town Lake is a mile or so down the road.

I'll let the 54 people who showed up to last nights mini in 105 deg heat know you think so.

It's all opinion anyway. We all don't like the same things. Not a fan of Audubon by the way.

It's all opinion anyway. We all don't like the same things. Not a fan of Audubon by the way.

I make sure to play "the bon" at least once a year. It now has real baskets all it needs is good tee boxes and proper upkeep and it would be a fun course. Unfortunatly that will never happen.

It is all just opinion, problem is some opinions are formed with only half the information. I'm betting he only played the concrete "short" tees.

I think one thing that a lot of people are forgetting is that some of the courses are in their "summer short" pin positions. Veteran's in the current is easy compared to the one they use for the VPO.

I make sure to play "the bon" at least once a year. It now has real baskets all it needs is good tee boxes and proper upkeep and it would be a fun course. Unfortunatly that will never happen.

It is all just opinion, problem is some opinions are formed with only half the information. I'm betting he only played the concrete "short" tees.

I LOVE the short tees at Alex Clark...very fun course. NOT a fan of the long tees. Probably because I've only played them twice, both times blind in tournaments and didn't fair well.

Played the new Duncanville course today. It was a fun course and it sounds like the church will be doing some more work to smooth out some of the rough spots. It is definitely tricky to traverse and some tee boxes take some time to find. Some of the "fair"ways are not very well designed IMO. No problem with it being on the top 20 list, but I don't think it is as good of a course as it's current rating.

The most disappointing thing about Audubon is... you can easily see what it could be. It makes me sad when I play it. It would be so easy to make it an area top 5 course, but Garland will never commit to it.

I have yet to play all of the courses mentioned so I'll just list the ones I have played in the order I believe they should be ranked. I believe if the two Cedar Hill courses were not in the same location they would not be ranked as high, but you just can't beat two courses in one spot, so those two get some extra favoritism for that reason. One big suprise to me was to not see Jimmy Porter on the list.

Z Boaz
CH-Coyote,
CH-Beaver
Turner Park
Veterans
Lake Lewisville
Bear Creek
North Park
Jimmy Porter
Arcadia
Bill Allen
Fritz

I think that a more accurate thread title would be "most popular courses in dfw." As it is, we are debating which are the best, when the ratings reflect popularity, whichcan have moreto do with location thancourse quality.

I think that a more accurate thread title would be "most popular courses in dfw." As it is, we are debating which are the best, when the ratings reflect popularity, whichcan have moreto do with location thancourse quality.

That may be more accurate for some people. My top 3 courses in DFW are all an hour away from me, so location has nothing to do with it.

I really really really really miss the DFW Disc scene. So many choices within an hour of each other.

Don't take that for granted Dallasites!!!!!!

I lived in Mansfield/Arlington for 10 years, and I miss it every morning I have off of work!! Luckily Nac and Tyler have some nice tracks, but no where close to the amount of variety Dallas has!!!!!

It is a good place to be for Disc Golf. Plenty of active clubs and minis. New courses every year. Not too far from other active scenes like Austin and Tyler.

No true world class courses in DFW but you don't have to go to far to find a few.

It is a good place to be for Disc Golf. Plenty of active clubs and minis. New courses every year. Not too far from other active scenes like Austin and Tyler.

No true world class courses in DFW but you don't have to go to far to find a few.

Giles,

I think that last statement could be up for debate!

Giles,

I think that last statement could be up for debate!

Which course(s) do you feel are "World Class Caliber" in DFW area?

Don't get me wrong there are some, FANTASTIC, courses up there but nothing that really pops into my mind as World Class.

Let me know what you think????

I heard Harry Myers is the bee's knees when it comes to courses. Haven't played it yet. Zboaz is definitely difficult, especially the long tees. Bicentennial too for that matter...oh yeah and Veterans.

It is certainly debatable, but the best courses I have played are not
in Texas. Were just at a geographical disadvantage.

I'll bend a little

On their best day I would say our best courses could be "world class" whatever that means.

...this has me wanting to sit and have a discussion of must play courses with you Mr. Cooper.

IMO for courses I am really familar with:

Veterans = Overrated
Bicentennial (Crowley) = Underrated
Turner = Top 3 in DFW!!!!!!!
Cedar Hill = Perfect if it had a little more length
Harry Meyers = Almost Great, a few design flaws keep it from being GREAT.
Lake Lewisville = Always Fun
Paschall = A true gem in Mesquite
Greenbriar = when ZBoaz is ultra crowded and you're tired of Crowley this is right in the middle and decently fun if it's not 100 degrees!!
Bear Creek = Too busy with NOOBS all the time!!
Arcadia = Fun but gimmicky
Gateway = Good course but the back 9 ruins it for 10 months out of the year
Weatherford = not talked about as much because of it being on the outskirts of town, but DEFINITELY worth the drive!!!

I am sure there are others I am forgetting but these are the ones I frequented while I lived in DFW.

All are fantastic courses but none are "WORLD CLASS CALIBER"

Last edited: