• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Nick Names

I have been given the nick name "Shonkopotamus" or "Shank-O"...i think its pretty self explanatory although i haven't had much of this problem lately.

I have been given the nick name "Shonkopotamus" or "Shank-O"...i think its pretty self explanatory although i haven't had much of this problem lately.

OtherWorkye8ECw.jpg

bayville has so many nicknames it's like they're all in the witness protection program...
my favorite of that bunch would have to be "roscoe chainblaster".

chuck "the man behind the curtain" kennedy
...at least you didn't use "closet"...;)

Mike Cozzens coined my MN-WI area nickname as "The Professor" back in the 90s when I assisted with the scoring system for their Midwest team event at Sandy Point. Ironically, they didn't know I was once married to a woman named Mary Ann.

My nickname is... go figure.... Star Shark. I'd been looking for them for months because the Innova Catalog said 4th Quarter 06 and they didn't show until December.

On a related note here's a bit of a name joke

"I was walking my wife's dogs and they're named Birdie and Bogey and a woman said 'Oh that's cute, they're named after your golf game' and I said 'No, if they were named after my golf game they'd be Double Bogey and Where the Hell is That Going'" - Ron White

I call one of my buddies 'DESCARTES' because he sits there thinking about each shot FOREVER!!!

"i think therefore i am"

anybody?

yeah, comedy isn't one of my strong strong suits...

We've had double "Bogeys" here since the early 80s with married couple Dave and Terry Bogenhagen, both in our MN Hall of Fame.

"I was walking my wife's dogs and they're named Birdie and Bogey and a woman said 'Oh that's cute, they're named after your golf game' and I said 'No, if they were named after my golf game they'd be Double Bogey and Where the Hell is That Going'" - Ron White

Luuulllzzzzzz!!!!:D

my last name is glidewell and the guy i play with most often's last name is stoner

tailor made for disc golf

Have a buddy that insists on calling me "Catfish". I'm always under the brush scavenging for discs.

Found an old run Blue Z Crush, a Star RoadRunner, and a CE Eagle about a week ago at the course.....

....because of this great day of finds, I'll be dying a catfish with a disc in his mouth in honor of my disc-finding abilities.
:D

Have seen the nickname bogey once or twice out here in DFW.

Last edited:
We've got a "Bogey" here locally, but it's because his last name is Bogart.

I just played a tourney with a guy named bogey, nobody seems to know his real name either.

Then we call a friend of mine bogey because his last name is boegeman

I started getting called tree love due to the fact I would get lucky kicks back to the fairway, to the basket or sometimes go through the smallest gap and be safe.

Latest posts