• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Exercises For Improving

Eagle and most other long throwers are also very FLEXIBLE! Stretching is very important, in addition to other exercises already mentioned by others.

Agreed. This is why I am such a fan of kettlebells; they increase flexibility st the same time incresing power.

This is assuming that the correct form is used with the kettlebells.

I think plyo helps the disc golf game the most. It helps you connect your core to the ground in an explosive way. Do a ton of box jumps and whatnot.

This. And hot yoga. You do plyo and hot yoga in addition to playing regularly you will definitely be the person in the office in the best shape.

I am wondering what are the best arm exercises for improving your throw. Which exercises help give you distance? Have any good YouTube videos that you use for training. Thanks!

I believe I've achieved some improvements with help of this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfkl53lNGE&pp=ygUdZGlzYyBnb2xmIGV4ZXJjaXNlcyAgZGlzdGFuY2U=
You can check more videos on his channel.:thmbup:

And here is the embedded video, it will be just a little bit easier to check it here:

Last edited:
I think plyo helps the disc golf game the most. It helps you connect your core to the ground in an explosive way. Do a ton of box jumps and whatnot.

This. There are tons of upper body plyometrics as well, most done with a medicine ball. Older guys can stick with the basic, low impact ones. Best exercise for athletic performance in a wide range of sports.

On the mornings I'm not playing rounds I use an Aqua Track at a local Recreation Center. A 3 1/2-foot-deep pool with a meandering circle, and water jets pushing back against you. 27 laps is one mile, I spend an hour in it. Builds strong legs, and I paddle to keep my arms firm. 3-4 times a week, and I burn about an average of 800 calories.

I think it helps with my leg work on form, and arm whip as well. Also, helps on the course not getting fatigue I always play at least two rounds in the morning and sometimes a third, including ravine courses. The only course that kicks my behind is The Lake Marshall Lions' course, long with up and down steep hills.

In the photo the aqua track is on the left, you should be able to see the divider.

Attachments

• aqua.jpg
    aqua.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts