• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Insoles?

FrontRimBanger

Par Member
Do you guys often replace the insoles in your disc golf shoes? I've found that I'm wearing out the inside part of my insole near the front (right behind my big toe) and I'm looking for a good replacement. What's the best regular (not high arch) insole for the money you guys have found?

I wear Superfeet insoles in my dg footwear. They might be considered high arch though. Best prices and selection I've found are on Amazon.

I wear Superfeet insoles in my dg footwear. They might be considered high arch though. Best prices and selection I've found are on Amazon.
What color do you use? I've noticed there's quite a few to choose from. How long do they last? I play around 5 rounds a week so if I'm going to spend $45 I want them to last haha.

I've used Superfeet green for a long time with much comfort. I recently got two pairs of Protalus after seeing an online ad and they are working better for me. More arch support and more heel support which is helping my plantar fasciitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use green superfeet. they were great. until I broke my foot, now my foot is ****ed. Now ideally I use superfeet on my left foot, and dr scholls gel sport on my right, but mostly use the gel on both and it works out ok.

I am seriously considering custom orthodics though, not sure how much of a benefit it might have, but it might be worth it...

I have the green, and the orange. I noticed very little difference between the two. They last a LONG time. Well worth the money imo, but might take up a little bit of space in your shoes because they are most likely thicker than the original insoles were.

I have the green, and the orange. I noticed very little difference between the two. They last a LONG time. Well worth the money imo, but might take up a little bit of space in your shoes because they are most likely thicker than the original insoles were.

Good to know since I wear adidas which tend to be a little tight. I may give them a shot, I've heard good things about the blue as well.

Do you guys often replace the insoles in your disc golf shoes? I've found that I'm wearing out the inside part of my insole near the front (right behind my big toe) and I'm looking for a good replacement. What's the best regular (not high arch) insole for the money you guys have found?

What have you been using? No need to recommend something that is not currently working.

Incidentally, I have the exact same problem as you. I have found that Dr Scholls Athlete series to be the best. It is a better foam than the basic lines and does not brake down as fast. These still will develop that hole under the ball of your foot, but take a lot longer to do so.

The superfeet blues are lower profile with less pronounced arch support

yea, for people with flat (or flatter) feet.

Like with any insole, you need to make sure you're getting the ones that will work for you.. or they will either suck or cause issues (my wifes feet are completely flat, she would HATE my green, orange, or the yellows that are in my cycling shoes.. I have high arches ;) )

Industrial Standard Ultra Work insoles from Walmart. I had been playing 5-6 rounds of DG per week with no problems and all of a sudden I am having heel pain in both feet. Nothing has stopped it yet but these have come the closest so far.

I know it sounds crazy, but if you have high arches like I do - check out the CopperFit insoles. They are not soft gel type inserts - they are stiff and give real support - not cushioning.

I've been thru hell and back with my feet. I have (had) super high arches... until my right one snapped and collapsed 2 years ago. I've been fighting major pronation/alignment/knee/hip issues ever since.

I've tried them all. From the Dr. Scholls machine to custom molded inserts from a podiatrist.

The CopperFit Active insoles beat them all out. I'm going on nearly a month with them now, and the constant knee/hip achiness is going away and my leg strength is coming back more every day.

Plus, they are only $25/pair at Dicks!!

Six year bump.

So middle age brought me a nice bought of plantar fasciitis (well age, plus deciding I could do a mini marathon, and too much stomping in my disc golf backhand...).

I've done a nice chunk of PT and shoe swapping. During early recovery I was just using Hoka One Ones for disc golf. They definitely helped, but it's weird throwing on marshmellows, and I went through shoes pretty quickly.

After messing around with many other options, I finally decided to try swapping out the insoles on some classic Merrell Moabs. I decided on the Dr Scholl's Sport insoles, based on the extra support for "side-to-side stability". I've only used them for one round thus far, but they made a huge difference. It was very nice to get back into some standard outer soles, while the new insoles provided some great internal support.

I didn't remember seeing any insole related posts, so I finally busted out the search functionality. And lo-and-behold, a thread on insoles, and a couple folks promoting the same insoles years ago. I do imagine the specific build of "Dr Scholl's Sport" insoles have changed over the years, but the current mix/structure still seems to work well for me.

Six year bump.

So middle age brought me a nice bought of plantar fasciitis (well age, plus deciding I could do a mini marathon, and too much stomping in my disc golf backhand...).

I've done a nice chunk of PT and shoe swapping. During early recovery I was just using Hoka One Ones for disc golf. They definitely helped, but it's weird throwing on marshmellows, and I went through shoes pretty quickly.

After messing around with many other options, I finally decided to try swapping out the insoles on some classic Merrell Moabs. I decided on the Dr Scholl's Sport insoles, based on the extra support for "side-to-side stability". I've only used them for one round thus far, but they made a huge difference. It was very nice to get back into some standard outer soles, while the new insoles provided some great internal support.

I didn't remember seeing any insole related posts, so I finally busted out the search functionality. And lo-and-behold, a thread on insoles, and a couple folks promoting the same insoles years ago. I do imagine the specific build of "Dr Scholl's Sport" insoles have changed over the years, but the current mix/structure still seems to work well for me.

How did you like Hoka One one? Saw a pair on sale at local running shoes store and been thinking if I should get 'em
Scholls sport didn't change that much, at least in my experience. Or maybe it's me wearing those for 10 years straight and not noticing small tweaks :D Glad you like 'em, I can't imagine not having in those in my shoes :D
How did you like Hoka One one by themselves? Been thinking if I should get a pair for everyday wear

Scholls sport didn't change that much, at least in my experience. Or maybe it's me wearing those for 10 years straight and not noticing small tweaks :D Glad you like 'em, I can't imagine not having in those in my shoes :D
How did you like Hoka One one by themselves? Been thinking if I should get a pair for everyday wear
Hola One is definitely a niche brand. Their classic models are very marshmellowy. But if you've got some foot issues, they can be very pleasant. They're often stacked high enough you can't replicate the experience with just an insole swap in another shoe.

I did a few rounds with a pair for fun. They're not really built for the plant and rotate experience. And the huge height threw me off a touch. But I'm not a pro so it's not like it mattered that much. Mostly I didn't use them full time discing due to the cost. Merrell soles last so much longer (and I can buy like-new Merrells on eBay for like $40).

I still have a pair of Hoka Ones at the moment I use for casual errands and the like.