• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best Long Distance Putters

Like others have said beat up version of your main putter. I take it a step (no pun intended) further and use a beat up soft Roach for my 40'+ plus putts. My main putter is a putter line roach. I use my soft roach for longer putts and short turnover duties. If you don't want to spend the time beating in one of your main putters you and always use a softer plastic of the same mold and works just as well. As a added bonus it will hit and sit on air balls and grab chains better imo.

But then as I get out to the 20/25' range or farther, the discs start turning left with a little fade. Which I know is just due to the distance and the putter having more air time to fade.

If you're experiencing fade at that distance, you're simply not throwing hard enough. (When I was experiencing that I called it wuss putting.) Once you get over that you'll start using the chains more effectively.

I putt with DX Aviar P&As from 100' and in. When I have a long putt outside the circle, I've been liking jump putts. When I jump putt my putters come out my hand faster compared to my regular putt. So my putters have very little fade when I jump putt. Sure my comeback putts are longer, but that extra power seems to keep the disc straight.

Latest posts