• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Best low ceiling straight DISTANCE driver?

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
I'm thinking with good form, you could make any disc fly low, but aren't some discs better than others at this?

I guess the Eagle L has worked well for me, as well as a destroyer, but I'm looking for something with more distance than the Eagle and less fade/skip than the destroyer.

I use a Z Avenger SS that works great for these type of shots. I recently added a Champ TL that seems to fly pretty similar but the fade at the end reminds me of a Wraith/Destroyer.

I really like my Leopard and TD's for these type of shots.

Both fly the same,but the TD's are faster.

I have a flat star destroyer that has a nice stability at the moment for this shot because it usually turns just enough that it doesn't skip too far left if I throw it a little low (which is my tendency in low ceiling tunnel shots, which I throw often).

I throw a Gold Line Riot for shots I wanna keep low on tight lines. Less fade than a destroyer and as it gets beat in develops a very smooth turn. Only downside is the inner rim is very slanted like plus molds.

I guess the Eagle L has worked well for me, as well as a destroyer, but I'm looking for something with more distance than the Eagle and less fade/skip than the destroyer.

orion long fade fits this description for me.

sw

i hyzer flip my sidewinder

really? it consistently stays low when you want it to?

I feel like mine likes to raise up even when hyzer flipped.
I've definitely thrown sw's on a low line before, but it seems inconsistent to me.

I throw a Gold Line Riot for shots I wanna keep low on tight lines. Less fade than a destroyer and as it gets beat in develops a very smooth turn. Only downside is the inner rim is very slanted like plus molds.

Riot is good, but I actually like the rim and it is supposed to give more control...

I use the opto fury for this now
Pretty straight, small slide to the right, then very little fade

I use my volt for this. Very reliable forward fade and doesn't take much power to get great distance

really? it consistently stays low when you want it to?

I feel like mine likes to raise up even when hyzer flipped.
I've definitely thrown sw's on a low line before, but it seems inconsistent to me.

def. mine is beat. i throw it at about 80% power and the spin from the disc gives it the distance and keeps it straight. i have a tunnel hole at my local course. probably 10-15 20ish feet up and your hitting overhanging trees. i once hit the basket with my sw. parked quite a few more times. its about 250 feet hole.

leopard / mako3 / M4 are my tunnel shot discs. Anything faster than those just have either too much left-right/right-left or too much skip. For me, those discs all go dead straight when thrown through a tunnel. They also all land flat for me, for little to no skipping. Also I get the straight flat flight with limited power required, so my accuracy is better for the tunnel portion of the shot.

C-Pd that I put back in the bag does well under the trees. I can rip on it flat and it stays perfectly straight until a nice heavy fade dump at the end. Good on low lines for me because it stays at the height I put it on. Never climbs on me and never bottoms out either just hits the gap, little skip, and lays down.

Best I've ever had was a flat ESP Flash...Right now my Swords and P Volts do a good job.

In general I think flatter discs are better as they do not lift unpredictably. It's also better if you have some power to pound a line drive rather than trying to use glide. Stronger players have a large advantage here.

Latest posts