• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Best Midrange Driver?

Googledo

I've been giving a lot of thought in which midrange disc I can throw consistently around 250'. I'm confident I want a Buzzz (unless you suggest something different). I'm looking for a stable to over stable disc. Any suggestions on plastic and weight it should be?

CMD2 is what I throw. It's very stable so you can put a ton of juice in to it and not turn it over but it's not overstable so when you power down it's not a meathook. Holds lines really well especially when you break one in a bit.

The best part about them is it's by far the best stable mid in the wind I've ever thrown. It behaves like a much more overstable mid in the wind where as a buzzz will not handle wind as well.

I'm a Roc lover myself, so I'd say get a DX or KC Roc. It will start out overstable but will beat in nicely. If Rocs aren't your cup of tea try an MD2 or Ibex.

All good suggestions so far. I have really taken a liking to the Prodigy M3. I have found it to be very versatile and the plastic is lovely. But really you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions so far.

Get the Buzzz man. Z line plastic 170+. Being a disc golf player, you cannot not ever try one of the most popular mids out there.

I agree with the Z line, or even X plastic... I love my Buzzz.. all of them, but I do not care for the base line D plastic.. You might even look at a BUZZZ SS although a tad less stable, I love the way the rim feels in the hand, it just fits, I throw my SS more than the other buzzz..

Mid 170's is a nice weight to start with IMO..

Surprised the Squall is not getting enough love in this category. By far, the longest midrange I've encountered.

stable to overstable? KC Pro Roc or Icon or Pinnacle Ghost. The new pinnacle ghost is especially nice.

KC Roc/DX Roc would be my suggestion. I've fallen in love with the Roc cycle.

That being said however, there are a TON of awesome mids on the market. I'd say go to your closest brick and mortar and feel all the mids. Find one that's not crazy overstable or understable, that feels great in your hand and give it a try.

If your leaning towards buzzz go with a buzzz. Go with what your gut tells you, you'll have confidence in the disc. I really like my wasp as well for when I need a little extra D to bridge the gap from mid to fairway driver. It can handle the extra juice and then some.