• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter that covers all shots

I carry Atoms Harps and one Envy in my normal bag, but if I can only pack one to do it all(like this week) it's an Neutron Soft Envy in my bag.

DGA Steady Eds all the way! Dead straight for daaaaays and reliable! Great grip and feel so it grabs the chains! Throw with a hyzer flip straight and fade back out/ throw straight it goes straight and put the puppy on an annie and she goes and will fight to fade back. I just played the ice bowl at Colina and that disc was thrown 97% of the times for drives and putts.

There's no difference really, its a Preference of FEEL.

Beads typically add a little stability. But really its mainly a preference on FEEL of the rim. Some find the bead to be a good place to put the index finger and get a feel on how to release, others prefer not having the nub there as it can be distracting to some. ;)

I never even notice the bead lol, seems OCDish.

I bought a Luster P2 that I was going to use for short drives and approaches but it has become my main putter, at least on fairly dry days. On wet days I use either my R-Pro Rhyno or my JK Aviars due to better grip and being easier to dry. I think that the P2 can be a do it all putter though I do wish there would be a P2x.

ooh, i like that idea. microbead bottom from omega/p1x, with the aviar driver/p2 top? sign me up

I bag a lot of discraft/dga putters. Currently 1 discraft challenger, 2 soft magnets(1 super beat), 1 Jawbreaker magnet, and a DGA proline Titanic. The Titanic is a bit more overstable compared to the other magnets.

I hardly use the Challenger other than practice putting at home. I used to use it as a diving putter but the DGA has taken that role. I find the magnet/titanic's lower curved rim really comfortable for my index finger.

The Titanic is fantastic off the tee and super reliable. It's also not beating in at the rate of any of my other putters.

Funny I carry 4 wizards that cover all of those shots

Yeah, the longer this thread goes on, the more I feel the OP answered it in post #1. Hasn't the Wizard had this spot covered for well over a decade? The only confounding factor is the desire to use DC/DGA. I've got no problem with that, but the strength of that lineup isn't having one putter that does everything; it's in having a wide variety of molds that each fill a role very well. Breaker, Steady, Reef/APX, Magnet, Challenger, Roach, Zone, and more...

I'm not sure any one of those molds can replace the 6 Wizard setup adequately, but put 3 of them together and your setup will probably be better.

6 Wizards is a lot of Wizards. 4-5 (even 5 usually feels like overkill) has always covered me on even the woodsiest short courses.

But, by all means, carry on.

I use a wizard to handle all my putter shots.

I think this thread proves that literally any putter will work

My takeaway is that carrying 2-4 different molds is the best option, but that if you have to stick with one mold, the Wizard is as good as it gets.

The wizard is nothing magical at all. Just DGCR speak. I actually hate wizards and love many putters which are similar shaped. Im not sure you can find a more inconsistently made putter on the market vs a wizard.

Any/all stable molds work just as well. The polecat is a better driving wizard. You like that?

^ Sometimes you are so dumb.

One putter to cover all shots, start with a mildly OS baseline putter. Season some to US. Keep some freshies around. Boom. You are covered.

Wizards are good ones because you can get many plastics. There are beefy ones and straight ones. And they are effing super cheap.

There are LOTS of others just as good. But not cheaper.

No this place is ****ing dumb.

I have (and can) throw putters of any flavor better vs most posters here. It is one of my favorite things in disc golf.

Latest posts