• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Way To Deal With Theft Accusation?

Write your name on a twenty dollar bill and see if anyone gives it back, point is if a disc isn't good enough for the original owner to look and pull out on his own. Then when I find it, he better not say anything. No number, no return.

I know this topic gets a lot of people mad, but I am just being honest. Too many times I see lazy people shank in water hoping the guy behind will fish it out for them. My position is if it has a number and name I will call, no name or no number= my new disc, whether they see me take it or not.

Write your name on a twenty dollar bill and see if anyone gives it back, point is if a disc isn't good enough for the original owner to look and pull out on his own. Then when I find it, he better not say anything. No number, no return.

I get confused by people that find right and wrong difficult. Doing the right thing is not really a difficult grey area. If you write you name on a 20 and I find it, I will return it. If you lose if without your name, approach me with the location you drop it, I will return it. This is not rocket science Joshua, just do the right thing, man. :wall:

We offered them to check our bags but they declined. I should have just shown the white disc anyways. I didn't have my name on it (it will now after that nonsense), but chances are it'd be a different mold. I guess some of the blame is on me since I wasn't thinking the straightest since I was still in angry pants mode from feeling accused.

Should have given him your Groove.

If you haven't done anything wrong, then don't waste your energy worrying about other peoples insecurities.

I carry a handgun with me at all times in my Grip bag because we do live in a crazy world. I hope I never have to use it, but it does provide me with a sense of security when life throws silly stuff like this my way. If dude started asking you about a white disc, you could have diffused the whole situation by simply pulling out your white disc and show it to him while you talked about how your drive on that hole almost went into the water too.

We don't have to do stuff like this in life but it usually does make it easier on all parties involved. If we take the initiative and are the ones that are friendly and smiling while dealing with someone that is upset, it puts them at ease and allows us the opportunity to show them that we are in fact not thieves.

Win/win. :hfive:

The only way to settle a situation like this is to challenge the accuser to a game of Guts using 13 speed disc. A code duello engagement, disc style.

Handle it prison style...have a buddy you are playing with pass you a shank while the other guy isnt looking, then distract him and BAM a couple stabs to the chest, and as he turns to run a few more to the kidneys and liver to be sure. Problem solved :thmbup:

If you write you name on a 20 and I find it, I will return it. This is not rocket science Joshua, just do the right thing, man. :wall:

Note to self: (1)write name on all money; (2) Wait for rocket scientists like ru4por to find and return it; and (3) profit!

Please read post in full, if it has a name I will return. No name ... No disc. If the lazy person has enough time to watch me dig it out, but waits until I have it in my bag to approach. They will leave empty handed. Wrong or right, thanks for the free disc

I carry a handgun with me at all times in my Grip bag because we do live in a crazy world. I hope I never have to use it, but it does provide me with a sense of security when life throws silly stuff like this my way.

:doh:

Damn, man....it's a piece of freaking plastic. I'm not sure how the "stand your ground" law will hold up in the case of "hey man, did you steal my frisbee?" case.....

"Your honor, my client shot the guy because he accused him of stealing his 10th Anniversary Buzzz!"

:thmbdown:

:doh:

Damn, man....it's a piece of freaking plastic. I'm not sure how the "stand your ground" law will hold up in the case of "hey man, did you steal my frisbee?" case.....

"Your honor, my client shot the guy because he accused him of stealing his 10th Anniversary Buzzz!"

:thmbdown:

If it's Texas, and after dark, game on. That being said, legal or not, I would not take a life for any disc.

I agree with the go pound Sand comment!! Show him the disc if you want but if you didn't take it then don't worry about him

Moral of the story, Stay away from the water with discs or your person. Fairways are the best place to be, except of course the basket. :p

I had one of these accusations moments at a tourney. Had a friend loose his favorite disc on a water/creek hole. So after we both turned in our cards I drove back down to the closest entrance of the hole and we looked around. I pulled 3 disc out. All with names on them. Called all three people with no answers and leave messages. So we drive back just in time for them to start going over awards. I walk all three disc up and hold them. Going to give them to the td for lost and found. As I wait one of the guys runs up to me and bows up and says that's my disc. Ok which one. The orange one why you have my disc. I said did you check your phone? He pulls out his phone and kind of had that shocked looked when he had a missed call. I hand it over and he takes it and walks away with a muffled thank you as he already turned. I kind of wished I would of kept hai disc for being a jerk, but I believe in disc karma. I don't like having disc with other people's name on it, unless I buy them from that person.

Latest posts