• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jonathan Baldwin

Dcinmd

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone else heard any more info than this? I just happened to randomly pop on the DGA site today and saw this post.

https://discgolf.com/rest-in-peace-jon-baldwin/

It's been a really difficult 24 hours.

It's with a heavy heart that we found out about the passing of Jon Baldwin, a beloved friend. We learned of JB's passing yesterday while up at DeLa with a lot of his favorite people. It all seemed confusing and wrong, but there was also a "rightness" to having such a large gathering of his disc golf family together to cry, hold each other, and even laugh at some of our favorite memories.

Jon was an amazing disc golfer, and an even better human. We will add our voice to the hundreds of others saying how kind, generous, and fun he was.

Rest in peace, JB, you're a forever member of the DGA family. We will miss you!

Here is the text of Innova's FB post from today - https://www.facebook.com/InnovaDiscs/
With heavy hearts, we mourn the loss of a legend in the disc golf community and a soulful member of Team Innova.
Jonathan Baldwin, or "JB" to those who knew him, was a veteran of the sport and a dear friend to so many. He was truly a magician with a disc. He was an equally talented photographer, capturing beauty in everything he witnessed. More than that, he was a gentle, caring soul who had nothing but goodness in his heart.
Jonathan was friends with so many in the disc golf community, as witnessed by the outpouring of stories shared by many of you on social media. He was known for sharing his wisdom of the game, offering friendly words of encouragement, or simply enjoying the competition and camaraderie in disc golf. He had a way of bringing us all together and creating a sense of belonging.
Let us remember Jonathan not just for his incredible presence on the course, but also for the connections he made and the love he brought to our community. And let us honor his memory by committing ourselves to building a community that supports and cares for one another.
Rest in peace, dear friend. Your memory will continue to inspire us to be better, kinder, and more connected to one another.

For a bit of background here is Innova's video from 2020

https://www.pdga.com/player/18114

Last edited:
Jon lost his battle with depression and sadly decided to end his life.

Scott Stokley postet this on facebook:

I'm heartbroken to be the bearer of bad news. On May 5th 2023, our friend and Frisbee Family member, Jon Baldwin took his own life. Jon's mother, Sandy Baldwin, asked me to break the news to our community and to be the point of contact between the Baldwin family and Jon's Disc Golf family. I will post all information relevant to Jon's passing and services when details are available.
Jon loved our sport and the people who played it as much as anyone to play the game. He was a Champion on the course as he demonstrated in 2011 when he became the PDGA Masters World Champion. I will always remember him as one of the best to ever play our game.
As great as he was on the course, he was even greater off the course. I have never in my life met a more beautiful human being than Jon. He literally didn't have a negative bone in his body. He was just good in every way a man can be good and everyone who knew him was better because of it.
Jon and I talked often about his depression. He opened up to me because I have also dealt with depression at times in my life and our honest conversations made me feel very close to him. Just two weeks ago Jon messaged with photos of his nearly completed tiny house. He was so proud and seemed so happy. Depression truly is invisible from the outside.
A quick story. A few years back I asked PDGA Hall of Famer, Barry Schultz who was his favorite person to play with and he answered without hesitation "Jon Baldwin". This is an opinion shared by many of us.
I love you Jon. I am sad and hurt knowing the pain you must have been in but more than that I am sad for all of us who lost you. You were the best of us, you were loved by all and will be missed by everyone.
RIP Jon Baldwin