• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My DG travel story through Georgia with a twist of the Carolinas

Waynesville Rec Park is my home course, and all I can say is that I can't imagine how poorly I would perceive it having just played the IDGC courses. And that's without getting lost in the transition from 1 to 2 and from 9 to 10! Hope you at least hit up Boojum or Tipping Point in downtown Waynesville to wash away the taste.

I think it was hole 14 that has a line to throw over the rec building? That was a neat hole, but as a lefty I didn't go the over the building route, but I could see some righties taking that line. Its not a bad little course though. My roc3 got a good workout.

I did not drink beer in Waynesville... unfortunately.. Could have used one though. We were tight on time and when we were downtown I was letting my wife do what she wanted since I knew I was about to drag her around the course before getting back on the road. :D

I appreciate you posting this story, mostly because it will be useful as an example to show my wife the next time she is irritated at me for cramming disc golf into our family vacation that it could always be worse :p

Looks like a fun trip. We're taking a trip down to the mountains this summer about 20 minutes south of Waynesville and I'm hoping to get in Waynesville and Richmond Hill while we're down. Haven't played either.

Matt, it was great to meet you, and glad to hear you enjoyed the course so much. Please don't sweat about being a little offline on the shot we saw -- I do the same thing when Harold's watching.

Sounds like an ideal vacation.

I myself will be in Charleston SC at the end of September for a wedding. I plan to hit at least one of the nearby courses and will probably be taking a side trip to Georgia as well. There will be a dedicated thread or two before I leave, but its never too early for suggestions. :thmbup:

Matt, it was great to meet you, and glad to hear you enjoyed the course so much. Please don't sweat about being a little offline on the shot we saw -- I do the same thing when Harold's watching.

:hfive: Very cool to bump into you guys out there. Hole 10 beat me up a bit there when I met you guys, but I did finish even overall on the back 9. That was my first Houck design played to my knowledge. Loved every hole. Definitely looking forward to playing more of your designs, including a bucket list trip out to Texas someday.

Latest posts